Looks like RA is going to be needed in 2.87

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jaeg

PopeyeTurbo
Oct 18, 2000
How the hell did you hear about that?!?! You're not a beta tester!

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
It was just a suggestion Yurch... ;)

Though I see where you're coming from. Would mean a lot of code-editing, if my limited understanding of how Uscript works is correct.

mute_dammit

Just mute, dammit!
Sep 11, 2001
Harry_C
The blade length of the Ka Bar measure 175 mm So the knife itself should be 25 cm long (10 in ?) But the weapon on the leg seems, to me ,much bigger.
I noticed that too. Reckoned it might be for a machete.

jaeg
Man, sometimes I think you guys won't happy until INF takes you out back and shoots you in the arm.
Yeah. What better reason to avoid being killed in the game than actual, physical pain? Or maybe you could just hold family members hostage. Are you guys working on this yet?

Alpha_9
Seems to me though if Real Aim is going to evolve more into a loadout-managing mutator, maybe it should be re-named...
RealAim is already established, and it's shorter and (slightly) less controversial than GeneralInfiltrationImprovements.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Originally posted by Camel_Toe(l)
*observation*

Can the crying about the new version stop until it ACTUALLY comes out???:rolleyes:
sheesh

Guess your momma didnt teach ya how to be polite eh? Your point contributed nothing to the topic, means nothing to anyone except yourself and is sorta inflamatory. Now I will rephrase what you said to be more socially acceptable:

Originally posted by Camel_Toe(l)
*observation*

Why dont we all wait for 2.87 to come out and then make these observations. We just dont know what is possible till it is released. Thank you.

funkstylz

I CLEAN TEH LATRINE
Mar 15, 2000
Bris. QLD, Oz
www.funkstylz.com
HAHAHA....Carry that loadout in 2.87, and see how effective you'll be! You would be lucky to move at all, and if you could, you'd be a sitting duck to just about everyone.

Unless you plan on just sitting in the one spot, carrying all of that gear is just plain stupid! Christ, I'm having to lighten out my rifle, pistol, nade loads to get that little bit of extra stamina! That dude would be lucky to move at all (Oh, and carry too much, and you won't move at all).

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
Yeah, I forgot to mention even your walking & jogging speed is slowed down now by heavy loadouts. So it really does drag you down!

Tiffy

Back to champion the L85
Sep 15, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by G-Fresh

Unrealisitic restrictions to promote realistic gameplay are not a good thing. What needs to be done is ensuring taking that loadout puts you at a disadvantage, making you the fool for taking it in the first place

Anyway, isn't the bulk system being refined for 2.87? This shouldn't be an issue
Just out of curiosity what is unrealistic about only letting the guy carry one long arm and one side arm? We are supposed to be representing Military forces here, be they regular or special forces. A soldier doesn't really get a choice as to what he carries and certainly can't pop into the armoury and select a couple of weapons as if its a supermarket. It just doesn't happen.

In the military the usual loadout for a soldier in just a longarm of an approperiate type ir SMG types for second line office types and an assualt/ battle rifle for the front line types. Pistols may be issued to CP members or to people who need to be armed but a rifle or smg would be inapproperiate.

The only other stuff that might get issued is mission critical kit. Someone may be told to draw a weapon like the HK grenade launcher or somesuch. I really doubt that a soldier would be told to take his Anti-material rifle, and an SMG and a pistol and all the grenades he can carry, and I know that you ain't going to find one who's going to ask to carry all that ****.

I have gone through nearly 20 years as a British Soldier, and the only time I ever carried more than one weapon was in the Gulf and Bosnia, when I carried a Pistol that I had purchased for myself, and in the Gulf, due to my rank I had to have special permission to carry that (only Sergeants and above have the right to carry their own sidearm).

Restrictions are not realistic and infact are an everyday fact of life in the Military. We don't get to do what we want or like, we get to do what we are told. If you don't like it there is always civie street.

[edit] Opps I really should read all the thread before posting. Most of my points have already been made, and G-Fresh I understood what you ment and there was no contradiction in there at all [/edit]

Last edited:

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
This game is based on regular old soldeirs not spec ops
Actually I think you have that backward ... if this game was based on regular old soldiers then you would carry only your primary weapon and thats it. If our loadouts where realistic for a "regular old soldier" you would never have squads where one guy has an M16 while another has an AK and yet another has an FAMAS. If you want "regular old soldier" then everyone would have the same weapons.

From the Infiltration Manual...
Thank you for choosing Infiltration, a squad-based, mission intensive, military oriented game
Sounds like Spec Ops to me.

At any rate, I see no problem with letting people set their loadouts however they darn well please, but they have to suffer the concequences of overloading themselves.

Chronic

unƒuckwithable
Aug 13, 2000
The blade length of the Ka Bar measure 175 mm So the knife itself should be 25 cm long (10 in ?) But the weapon on the leg seems, to me ,much bigger.

Umm, 175mm would = 17.5cm, or about 6-7 inches. not 10".

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by Zundfolge

Sounds like Spec Ops to me.

Yeah... Inf is definitely weighted towards 1337 Commandos at the moment. Yer average Inf team looks like every movie SEAL team I ever saw, Dessert Eagles and all.

(Cool!)

But don't tell my right on realism fanatic mates I said that... :D

At any rate, I see no problem with letting people set their loadouts however they darn well please, but they have to suffer the concequences of overloading themselves.

OTOH, I'd rather not have to play with people who would insist on doing so. RA, despite whatever flaws it may or may not have heavily weights the server towards a certain playstyle that realism factors aside, I just prefer from a gameplay point of view.

The existence of RA isn't a gauntlet being thrown down to anyone (Even if people will insist on coming to the server just to question Yurch's parentage). It's just how some people prefer to play.

bastardb

Dec 11, 2001
canada
Visit site
chronic

he was obviosly over ecagurating to not make himself look silly in his comparision

you only made his point more apparent... since at least 6 inches are already sticking out... i cant think of anything that the END would be attached at the knee and stick donw past that... it must be somthing longer... like a machete or a dildo for his wife for chirstmas

itskeiagain

Adept
Mar 12, 2001
I couldn't be bothered reading all of the posts in this thread, so someone may have already suggested this but here goes;

I think that a person carrying more than one primary weapon should have a lot noisier footsteps and cranking noise. You should be able to carry as many weapons as you want. Just make the person noisier and disable "sprinting" movement.

And maybe changing between primary weapons should take a longer time unless you drop the weapon you were holding to switch to another.

6mm

Shooting first..shooting some more......
Comon guys, theres a simple solution to this:

Increase the bloody bulk loading system dramatically.

Therefore, a guy with an MP5, sidearm, 5 grenades, a robar and bloody ammo moves alot slower than a Robar/M9 guy.

Poof, problem solved, and the only way a sniper will have any fire worth $hit by his side is the bloke who backs him up with a scoped M16, the way its done.

funkstylz

I CLEAN TEH LATRINE
Mar 15, 2000
Bris. QLD, Oz
www.funkstylz.com
Originally posted by 6mm
Comon guys, theres a simple solution to this:

Increase the bloody bulk loading system dramatically.

Therefore, a guy with an MP5, sidearm, 5 grenades, a robar and bloody ammo moves alot slower than a Robar/M9 guy.

Poof, problem solved, and the only way a sniper will have any fire worth $hit by his side is the bloke who backs him up with a scoped M16, the way its done.

See above..that is exactly what we've done. Loadouts have changed DRAMATICALLY in the way they affect your "gettin about" factor.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
You could TRY to put the realistic disadvanges in, but I don't think its quite possible for the current scope of inf. Slow movement isn't enough, and thats not even much of a punishment.
Difficulty crouching, diffculty while prone, difficulty GETTING prone, not having free range of motion, ammo locations/organization, getting things from your chest/stomach while prone, sore arms, balance issues, player outline, swimming, and a hundred other reasons.
You are going to do all that, and more? Yeah, right.

ANUBIS199

Jun 3, 2001
Visit site
On the issue of being slow, did it ever occur to you guys that the new version of INF is going to have a new game type, EAS. I dont think it will matter if the person on the defending team is slow; he can just waddle up ten feet sit down with his SAW and ROBAR and heavy body armor and go to town. Boy wont that be fun to see.......

I dont see why its such a big deal restricting to only one primary. CS junkies bitch about more things then anyone else in the world, and they dont bitch about only one primary.

ANUBIS