UE3 - UT3 Weapon not working correctly in game

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jingato

Jan 24, 2008
Hi . I made a custom gun that sprays out poison gas. I made a test map in the editor and placed the gun inside it. When I play the map from within the editor everything looks great. It seems to be functioning perfect. But If I actually startup the game and play it, the weapon bareley shoots anything out. Most of the time it's just making the sound and nothing is coming out. How good it act differently if it's running the same code? Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Thank

Payback

Ive got a big stick
Nov 21, 2002
ahl.action-web.net
press tab - type
Code:
showlog

also in your My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\logs directory will be a log file. I think it gets named launch.log.

That file is everything that was written to the log from when the game started up to when it ended.

NB. It gets reset when you start a new game.

eblade

Jan 29, 2006
also can do "showlog" on console, or give "-log" on the command line, to view it as it goes

Payback

Ive got a big stick
Nov 21, 2002
ahl.action-web.net
What do you need to type to bind the console in ut3?

It used to be automatically bound to ~ for me in 2k4 but doesnt seem to work anymore, so I end up having to press tab repeatedly :(