wow. worst marketing campaign ever

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
Cheng added that the designer wanted the clothes to have a military theme and did not realize that the Nazi symbols would be considered offensive.
Don't these Chinese remember being brutalized by the Nazi's allies?

I guess memories of WWII are much fresher in the minds and cultures of the west ... open that store here and it'll be burned to the ground within 24 hours (which is kinda ironic). IIRC Open it in Germany and the owner goes to jail!

So maybe I should try to sell some Rape of Nanking t-shirts :p

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Zundfolge said:
Don't these Chinese remember being brutalized by the Nazi's allies?
They were also brutalized by the russians and americans ...
but that don't matter does it ?

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
don't worry, in a few years when everybody have forgotten about the nazies somebody will use their symbols and make money with it :rolleyes:

on a side note, does anybody knows who designed the german flags, uniforms (the leather ones) and all? although they are associated with infinite evilness, they look cool :con:

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
We-hee! I wanna dress up in Nazi clothing! Can I join the Nazi party? Is it true that if I kill Hitler, I become him? Get out the time machines! Let's go back to Nazi Germany! Think we can get ourselves our very own U-Boat as a souvenier? I'll be the leader of the underwater pirate brigade! Yaar! Ye mutinious dogs, I'll keel-haul the lot of ya! Patchy, where be first mate Smiggins? I see da' British Navy! Load the cannons! Prepare to fire! If the Borg want a fight, we'll give them one! Phasers to full power! Fire!

SaraP

Feb 12, 2002
The Land of the Governator
In all seriousness, we made a serious error in WWII in backing the Communists against the Nazis. Although both are equally odious from a moral perspective, from a military and political perspective it would have been much wiser to ally with the Nazis against the Communists. Nazism, being inherently German-nationalistic in nature, would have been much easier to deal with after the war than Communism.

Philophobos

May 11, 2001
Visit site
While I realize that this company clearly was thinking of the Nazis when designing its clothing, I would like to point out that the Swastika isn't a Nazi original symbol. I remeber seeing it all over the place in a few temples that I visited in Taiwan.

EDIT: Well, now I don't really know why I wanted to point that out...oh well.

Last edited by a moderator: