Help with creating servers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Deathman

Angel of the Apocalypse
Mar 14, 2001
Houston,Texas
svdeathman.homestead.com
1: how do I do it
2: do I need to go to a website that can provide me a server to create on
3: can I make a server that me and a friend can play on without having other people connecting.

sorry if this sounds confusing.......

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
1. In UT, Multiplayer > Start Multiplayer Game (or something). I'd go into your unrealtournament.ini, copy and paste it in the UT main folder, then edit the one still in your System folder, taking out the mutator and mod stuff (unless you're running a server specifically for a mod/mutator) in the ServerPackages section (near the top). If you have nothing better than a cable modem, you may want to keep player load size low, 6 or 8.

2. No.

3. Put a password on it (last tab when setting up server).

It is fairly critical that you have a better than 56K connection. You also must ensure that you keep up to date with patches. You may also want to get CSHP (Client Side Hack Prevention) for the enjoyment of the people on your server. It prevents against people with aimbots and such. I don't have a link handy...

If you DO leave all those things in your ServerPackages section, people will be trying to download those things off your server all the time. If you uninstall that stuff you should be fine too.

Blorgg

Feb 7, 2000
The Netherlands
www.nachos.tk
The adres of your server is your ip adres. If you're using win9x -->start-->run-->winipcfg there you will see your ip adres. If you click on start you can play on your server and other pple will be able to connect. If you click on dedicated, UT will minimize and run the server in the background.