Official Minecraft Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
Wait, so that monster grinder basically just extracts monsters from underground and burns them? That's hillarious.

Great house Flash :)

Nice trap, though I'm not a fan of them. Where are the monsters coming from though?

Also, how often you playing and how much have you built? Maybe I could somehow transfer your fortress to you. :D

Youtube doesn't seem to like your video, extremely slow loading even on 480p. :p

Thanks guys. It's a 30x30 spawning room that is 24 blocks below the surface. There's a central water column that the mobs just swim up to their demise :) I like it cause it's not nearly as big an eyesore as thsoe above-ground monstrosities, though it doesn't work nearly as fast since the mobs have to swim all the way to the surface. That's about all I've built, I have a similar set up on another server too though.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
I'm probably done for good, wasted so much time in your server lol.

Haha, yeah right, if I started it up you'd probably jump all over it. ;)

Dunno if I want to do that though, I'd probably be better if I just played on some other server so I don't start any major projects but just fuck about.

Thanks guys. It's a 30x30 spawning room that is 24 blocks below the surface. There's a central water column that the mobs just swim up to their demise :) I like it cause it's not nearly as big an eyesore as thsoe above-ground monstrosities, though it doesn't work nearly as fast since the mobs have to swim all the way to the surface. That's about all I've built, I have a similar set up on another server too though.

So you've made stuff on multiple servers or is that stuff on SP and other stuff is on a server?

Someone PM me a server to fuck around and build on! :D

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
Infer's server is premium and hardcraft keeps timing out and I'm guessing it's premium too. :(

Anyone know any non-premium servers or am I just gonna have to start mine up again? ><

Premium? Do you mean it costs money to play on or that it is a non-pirate server.

Because yes, my server is legit, but no, it's free to play on. I literally host it out of my house/dorm on a custom rig. I'm not going to charge people to play on it haha. I actually would like more people to play on it so we could expand our world.

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
Yeah, I spent $22 on Minecraft back in Feb. I don't know what the conversion is at the moment, but it has certainly been worth it IMO.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Yeah, and to think, all he has to do is change one simple value in server settings. :nag:

@Flash: I'm strongly against piracy, but the price of Minecraft is a joke. It's the only game I've "pirated". :eek:

Last edited:

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
I bought it for 10 (or was it 15?) € back in the alpha days and while I haven't played it nearly as much as some people I know I can't say I ever regretted the purchase.

I'm a little annoyed though that the game doesn't run anymore now that that fancy grass and countless other fine additions have been added over the months. The Alpha and earlier Beta versions ran fine, but the current one doesn't run smoothly anymore. View Distance is already turned down to Normal (and I used to play on Far).
:(

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
... Right.

Compared to what? $50 games with hundreds of developers working full work days under supervision for 3+ years?

Minecraft having one lazy dev working on it whenever he feels like it on and off for like what, 2 years? Charging for a game in Alpha/Beta? He even admits he has no dedication to his projects and Minecraft isn't even out of Beta and he has no dedication to it, already started and is planning other projects.

Yeah, really worth $20. :rolleyes: I'd rather have that money go to hard working under paid devs that work full days for years to make AAA games.

Now if Minecraft was the price of an expensive app on iphone, like $3-$5, then I would pay.

Last edited:

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
Compared to what? $50 games with hundreds of developers working full work days under supervision for 3+ years?

Minecraft having one lazy dev working on it whenever he feels like it on and off for like what, 2 years? Charging for a game in Alpha/Beta? He even admits he has no dedication to his projects and Minecraft isn't even out of Beta and he has no dedication to it, already started and is planning other projects.

Yeah, really worth $20. :rolleyes: I'd rather have that money go to hard working under paid devs that work full days for years to make AAA games.

Now if Minecraft was the price of an expensive app on iphone, like $3-$5, then I would pay.

Good point.

I think the game has enough content and a big enough community to justify the price tag. Though I'm fine with letting pirates play on the server. What is the server value I have to change? Is it a config file or in the .jar?

Last edited:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
At least Notch is cool in the way that he accepts piracy. Of course, like I said, normally I'm against it. If you look in other threads you can even see where I've stood against it plenty of times. I don't really think it matters for the reasons I've stated though and he's already as rich as he could possibly want from an indie game.

Setting =
server.properties > open in notepad > online-mode=false

Problem is that anyone can pick whatever name they want, but that is easily fixed, you can assign IP addresses to certain names, like yours. Also it's not really a problem if you're only playing with a few honest trust-worthy people.

Hazel.H

Jan 15, 2004
I'll send you my paypal address then :p For me the price tag was worth it for what I got out of it, I admit trying a pirated copy first before deciding to buy it. It's a fun game even though it's full of bugs at the moment. There's no way something like this could have been created from scratch with the intention of selling millions of copies, it's more a matter of chance and being in the right place at the right time.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Wow, I never thought I'd hear someone try to justify pirating an indie game at Beyond Unreal, but there you go.

Not trying, it is justified. ;)

Anyways, I'm a lot better than probably 90% (or more) gamers out there. :p

What have you pirated? Maybe photoshop, a $300+(?) program as opposed to an indie game worth $5? Just a guess cause I know you like doing mod work or whatever. :p

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
Well, it doesn't really matter how lazy a developer is. What matters most is what you think of the product, imo.
I tend to think that Minecraft is worth the 10€ (or 15€) it cost me, especially if you play multiplayer.
Not justified quite yet.

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
I'm a programmer and designer, text editors and the UDK are free.

I don't see how you're trying to justify pirating Minecraft when you obviously find value in playing it even with all your complaints about it. Pirating an indie game is pretty damn low.