UTXMP patch and question list from community.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

|pure|Destruction

Jan 22, 2004
:D

I have some questions...

#1.) What goes into the process of making a patch for a game? Like explain the steps for the programming illiterate.

#2.) The first patch doesnt have to include "every" fix known to the game. To me, what was posted by Indian was sufficient enough to actually make the game stable enough to start some ladder play and give people something to do before xmas vacations. So the question is, could we see a patch out at least this week? Just a tiny one... Cause it would be nice to start having matches.

#3.) How involved are the original Legend Ent. guys with the production of UTXMP and FMI?

#4.) Can consumers use Maya PLE (from ut2004) to make things for UTXMP and UT2004, and it actually work in game? Or do you have to use something else like 3dsmax 4.2 (which I have) to do things then export to 2k4? Maybe I should go read a tutorial. Maya ple is watermarked, just wondering if that will cause the stuff not to work. export prolly dont work either I assume.

Now from the community...

(1.) "Why did you hardcode nerfing the movement? I hope you f`n die!"

(2.) "Cascade, why do you not have a funny bone? You should grow one. Then someone should rip it out and beat you with it."

(3.) "Wher ethey high while macking it?" (translated: were you high while making the mod? )

(4.) "Ask about the pause after landing a hop jump!" dodge then do a hop jump then try to dodge immediately upon landing the hop jump" Is this fixed or changed? and "After the hop jump, the animation just slides across the ground.. the pause was coded intentionally and I'd like to know why."

(5.) "And the raptor can crash forever adn jump the whole map!" Is the vehicle damage being tweaked?

(6.) "The boost on the tank really needs to be increased, right now it hardly moves any faster." Is this an issue being addressed?

(7.) "Are the auto turrets more powerful?"

(8.) "Will you be able to switch weaps and shoot while one is reloading.?"

All for now.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I can answer the Maya PLE question. Yes it can be. I'm not sure which version the ngine is supporting, you'd have to look into that, but I think it's Maya PLE 5. It should be on the 6th CD or the DVD.

I just verified on the 6th CD and in the CD6 folder on the DVD there is a Maya PLE folder that has both Maya 5 PLE and the UT2004 plugin for Maya 5 PLE. These models can be imported into UEd and, if you do it right, into UTXMP.

I have a question:

Are the Skaarj models going to be brought in to UTXMP?

Last edited by a moderator:

AshTrai

CaSuAlTy Of SoCiEtY
Nov 25, 2004
www.clanuk2.co.uk
i wondered if they would implement a 'fast weapon switching' mode, where u could switch weapons regardless of what ur doing to it (reloading etc), as well

[[Vash]]

.:Player:.
Feb 16, 2004
Florida
www.nobullclan.org
AshTrai said:
i wondered if they would implement a 'fast weapon switching' mode, where u could switch weapons regardless of what ur doing to it (reloading etc), as well

I am hoping something similar will be implemented, the weapon switch time is PAINSTAKINGLY slow.

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
i concure.... weapon switch time is painstakingly slow, and so is reload times.... hmm.... ponders about it, and notices the timers for the some of the weapon for utxmp...

shotgun has a reload time of about 2.25 seconds total (i wonder if an timmer based on the clip size multiplied by a multiplier on timmer is a good idea... that way people get a better gameplay)
rocket launcher takes about 2 seconds to reload total ( i think? )
the snipper rifle is quicker to reload when empty, than when full.
the grenade launchers respond equally.

and so one... i think a system that takes into account weapon ammo size would be good... after all, some weapons should take a while, like the rocket launcer ( 2 seconds seems about fair for a complete reload ).. i just don't knw what i like or dislike... but i do know that fmi needs to rework the in game cheat menu for bot matches... change the loaded and allweapons function to give you only xmp weapons.

CaSCaDe

gaem freak in 3 dimensions
Apr 7, 2000
somewhere you are not!
www.bart.ahk.nl
|pure|Destruction said:
(2.) "Cascade, why do you not have a funny bone? You should grow one. Then someone should rip it out and beat you with it."

for some reason this just made me litraly roll on the floor with laughter... :lol:

you obviously have no idea who you are talking about, basing you opinion on the few posts i have posted in this forum.

well ok, just to do you a favor, let me grow a funny bone:

*POOF*

newbone2.gif

:crazydance: :lololol: :lol: :rolleyes:

"my internet dad will beat your internet dad!" (-Mantik)

*POOF*

:404:

sorry, some one seems to have ripped my funny bone out of me....

:stick:

ouch... stop hitting me with my funny bone damnit :(

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
AshTrai said:

I'd like to see that too, as it played a gigantic part in how I personally played the game. I switched weapons like a fiend. But then again.. if it is implemented, I hope that it's changed from u2xmp in the way that when you switch in the middle of a reload.. upon switching back to that gun, it shouldn't be reloaded. The reload should just be cancelled dead, and the gun switch put into effect. Being able to press reload and then switch to another gun almost instantly in u2xmp, but still have it actually reload was a little bit on the 'bs' side of things.

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
Mantik said:
I'd like to see that too, as it played a gigantic part in how I personally played the game. I switched weapons like a fiend. But then again.. if it is implemented, I hope that it's changed from u2xmp in the way that when you switch in the middle of a reload.. upon switching back to that gun, it shouldn't be reloaded. The reload should just be cancelled dead, and the gun switch put into effect. Being able to press reload and then switch to another gun almost instantly in u2xmp, but still have it actually reload was a little bit on the 'bs' side of things.
Exactly.

|pure|Destruction

Jan 22, 2004
CaSCaDe said:
for some reason this just made me litraly roll on the floor with laughter... :lol:

you obviously have no idea who you are talking about, basing you opinion on the few posts i have posted in this forum.

well ok, just to do you a favor, let me grow a funny bone:

That question was from like erm heh.. someone in {DE}. :Pulse: /¯¯¯\:shock:

Last edited:

NRK

Nercury
Apr 20, 2004
Lithuania
Someone hides in murky woods:
[SCREENSHOT]http://www.mif.vu.lt/~near3027/images/Shot00010.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
Sir_Brizz said:
Are the Skaarj models going to be brought in to UTXMP?
This would be absolutely brilliant. Rather than having both teams have the exact same models, make one team have humans and the other have Skaarj. :tup: The Skaarj of U2 have ranger, tech, and gunner type models available. There were light ones, some in the middle, and the big armored up beasts. All of these would fit really well into XMP and help distinguish teams better.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Dragon_Myr said:
This would be absolutely brilliant. Rather than having both teams have the exact same models, make one team have humans and the other have Skaarj. :tup: The Skaarj of U2 have ranger, tech, and gunner type models available. There were light ones, some in the middle, and the big armored up beasts. All of these would fit really well into XMP and help distinguish teams better.
:D :tup:

I've tried to say that before, but no one agreed (during the U2XMP beta). I think it would make the gameplay more interesting, especially if the Skaarj had SIMILAR weapons but more alien looking :)

However, the reason I asked here was in case someone wanted to make a mutator/mod for UTXMP that made one team Skaarj and the other Humans.