Geek Squad to the rescue!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
76SC6.jpg

The picture pretty much says it all.

It blows my mind that they would even consider doing this.

It's **** like this that causes people to ****ing rage hardcore and for people who don't know anything to pay for something that is already included with the PS3 (the instruction manual)

Besides, who buys a PS3 and doesn't know how to hook it up? My grandma set up her Wii and it has more wires than a 5.1 stereo!

WaitForTheRain

Feb 26, 2008
UK
Stuff like this makes me wonder just how much you'd get ripped off for if you took your computer to a repair shop for something easily fixable. I'd just imagine that they'd completely rip you off if you didn't have a basic knowledge of how computers work (which most people probably don't).

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
I should start advertising in the newspaper, I can pretty much wire anything I've come across correctly (Sometimes I just need a quick look at the instructions.)
I'm quitting engineering school for this.

On a more serious note... 2 cables, and the PS3 turns on the first time and greets you with instructions, plus you have the instruction manual... 129$ to fly through the instructions instead of you doing it. Rip off.

Last edited:

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
That's insane. $129 is nearly half the price of the system and not to mention you could get 2 games for that much. I would laugh if some idiot actually requests this and they probably do this so infrequently that they had a hard time getting it all done. In fact I would not be surprised when someone requests this service and they come out and then the customer gets upset because it says they would install firmware updates but the customer doesn't have an internet connection. I had some idiots call me up at work before and get upset when they can't pull up certain websites on their cell phones, in which case there's no guarantee every website will work on a cell phone.

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
i've had a few guys work for me that had their first job in Geek Squad. i think it's an admirable idea, but the level of admins is not so great. Then i saw that ad. wat?

i thing i like to do, which will now do more, is to ask them about basic PC parts and catch them in a lie (as they always try to sell up). This works great in my town, Athens GA, because everyone one of those ****s is trying to get a job at UGA and i'm on most hiring committees.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
That's insane. $129 is nearly half the price of the system and not to mention you could get 2 games for that much. I would laugh if some idiot actually requests this and they probably do this so infrequently that they had a hard time getting it all done.

Uh, guys, I used to work for Geek Squad, and people bought these services every single day. The people these services are supposed to be for are the ones that are so ****ing rich or so ****ing dumb (or both, which is usually the case) they don't care about how it works. They just want it to work. When I worked there we sold about 10 ADR's a day. That's $200 and it's a ****ing Windows reinstall, for christ's sake. You didn't even get data backup included with it, that was another $99. Not only that, you had to provide YOUR OWN WINDOWS DISC, and if you didn't have one, you had to BUY A NEW ONE at full retail price before we'd touch your computer! So yeah, we were charging you $200 for ... practically nothing. Just an hour of labor (and it'll also take 3-5 days to get your computer back, did I mention that?) I frequently charged people upwards of $400-$500 for services to fix a three year old computer that originally cost as much and wasn't worth half that then.

These people are also known as Rich Yuppie Douchebags, and believe me, they deserve every bit of what they have to pay for. They're all a bunch of whiny self-centered assholes. When you work retail, especially at Best Buy, you grow to loathe these people. When someone who bought a bottom-shelf Dell for $299.99 six months ago came in and said I'd better fix his computer for free because he just spent a ton of money on it, I wanted to murder that person. Seriously. And this happened at least once a day. That's not the worst experience I had by far, just the only one I feel like having to remember right now.

God, I hated that job with a ****ing passion. Worst job I've ever had in my entire life, tbh. My biggest regret in my life is having to know that Geek Squad/Best Buy will never go out of business because dumb rich ****ers will keep on buying no matter how badly they're getting ****ed.

Last edited:

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Uh, guys, I used to work for Geek Squad, and people bought these services every single day. The people these services are supposed to be for are the ones that are so ****ing rich or so ****ing dumb (or both, which is usually the case) they don't care about how it works. They just want it to work. When I worked there we sold about 10 ADR's a day. That's $200 and it's a ****ing Windows reinstall, for christ's sake. You didn't even get data backup included with it, that was another $99. Not only that, you had to provide YOUR OWN WINDOWS DISC, and if you didn't have one, you had to BUY A NEW ONE at full retail price before we'd touch your computer! So yeah, we were charging you $200 for ... practically nothing. Just an hour of labor (and it'll also take 3-5 days to get your computer back, did I mention that?) I frequently charged people upwards of $400-$500 for services to fix a three year old computer that originally cost as much and wasn't worth half that then.

These people are also known as Rich Yuppie Douchebags, and believe me, they deserve every bit of what they have to pay for. They're all a bunch of whiny self-centered assholes. When you work retail, especially at Best Buy, you grow to loathe these people. When someone who bought a bottom-shelf Dell for $299.99 six months ago came in and said I'd better fix his computer for free because he just spent a ton of money on it, I wanted to murder that person. Seriously. And this happened at least once a day. That's not the worst experience I had by far, just the only one I feel like having to remember right now.

God, I hated that job with a ****ing passion. Worst job I've ever had in my entire life, tbh. My biggest regret in my life is having to know that Geek Squad/Best Buy will never go out of business because dumb rich ****ers will keep on buying no matter how badly they're getting ****ed.
Jeeze...

BRB guys, starting my own business and getting filthy rich while scratching my balls.