Making the most rediculous map...a collaborative effort!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Aw shucks... I'm too late for the design phase, but I thought a good level might consist of two smallish squares suspended over lave/slime/space on opposite sides of an extremely large map.

On each square would be a single spawn point and a single random weapon pickup (might require a mutator for that... dunno).

Juuuuuuuust out of reach from each player should be a single redeemer. It's very important that it be impossible to reach.

I think THAT would be the best ever. :)

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
So add it to the current map. It doesn't have to stay 1v1, and really, it's not after Olga's addition of Skaarj...

Also, you can't import sounds into myLevel apparently, so we'll need a new package if we want to fix/add that or any other sounds.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
I'm not a map designer, nor do I have the desire to learn right now, but I'll give suggestions. Feel free to use them or completely ignore them.

How about a hallway where the floor, walls, and ceiling are nothing but jump pads (if possible, with various angles). That way you're bouncing around while trying to traverse the hallway. Maybe put a pickup at the end of the hall to entice people to enter.

An alternative idea would be to have a hole to drop down into, kind of like the entrance above the flag stand in Citadel. However, the walls of this hole are all jump pads as described above. Jump perfectly into the hole and you move through with no problems. Touch a wall, though, and you're in for a ride.

Sorry if someone has already done this.

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
I'll have a go, but I'll let someone else do the jump pads.

Done. I added a skybox, a room with a rotating Virus with 3 health packs in the same spot below him, and a tall room that just sends you up into spikes :p

Attachments

• DM-1on1-lololol-6.rar
    118.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
hal said:
Juuuuuuuust out of reach from each player should be a single redeemer. It's very important that it be impossible to reach.

Yeah, someone should replace my deemers with AVRiLs. I like the idea of an unreachable deemer, and the AVRiL is a much better weapon for DM. :B

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Why don't you add a road -> it's dead quiet, but whenever you try to cross it a vehacle comes out of nowhere at 20.000.000 miles/hour and runs you over...
Or a bunch of scares, and they explode deemer style...

CyberSirius

Mostly dead.
Jan 4, 2004
I added a 65536 uu fall,perfect to transform any player to a red bloody sheet :)

EDIT: I forgot to enter my name :)

Attachments

• DM-1on1-lololol-7.zip
    130.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
Ok, I added dynamic lights, some ridiculous ambient sounds, some odd pickups, and a few weird textures.

I'll have to show you guys my worst ever AS map. Reportedly it causes baby jesus to cry for a full day straight. I also made a parody AS racemap, the track spells out a hidden message not visible to those actually on the track... It's called AS-SUCK_LOLOL so take a guess. :p

Attachments

• DM-1on1-lolol8.zip
    151.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
CyberSirius said:
I added a 65536 uu fall,perfect to transform any player to a red bloody sheet :)
Note that there is a speed limit of 2500uu/s or so (but that can be changed. lololol)

/me fires up UnrealEd, creates lock on DM-1on1-lololol*.ut2

[edit]Lock released. No ideas so far.[/edit]

Last edited:

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
Going for a ride, and boosts up UnrealED now :)

Update later ;)

Ok I had a crash when I tried to rebuild the geometry, and I hadn't saved it :(

No edit from me for now you can all proceed.

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Map is now zoned. Took awhile because Slainchild's awesome BSP work crashed my computer on the first build with a zone portal in it.

I think you guys will like my addition to Cymek's TIME area.

Attachments

• DM-1on1-lololol-9.zip
    172.3 KB · Views: 27

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
NeoNite said:
I was being serious about the vehicle running over explosive skaarj.
Well, why not?

Well, you go code some exploding scares, and I'll put them in.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
One tiny problem, I don't have UT2004 =)

Maybe if you'd place the skaarj on an anything explosive?
Then you'd place the trigger in front of the first skaarj, and whenever the vehicle hits the trigger well...

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I am currently working on a kinda project with this map (has some custom script). And, yes, it involves lolol vehakals. It may take me an hour or two to complete, so... have patience please. :)

CyberSirius

Mostly dead.
Jan 4, 2004
please add what the zip file contains :)

Attachments

• stufflololol.zip
    458.2 KB · Views: 15