Patrol points? Acting like Path-nodes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
Will a Patrol point take the place of a path node?
For example: I know that you don’t need to put a path node where a piece of inventory sits since they do the same job as a path node, but doses that also apply to a patrol point?

-Mike-

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
i always thought they were used in unreal1 for patrolling monsters [like the brutes in the rrajigjar mines], but i'm not sure

-kain-

lurker
Apr 3, 2001
England
anything under 'navigationpoint' counts as a pathnode (I think). Patrolpoints don't work for bots, just monsters, which are very INF :p

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
something I’m still not too clear on.
For the block-path, do I need to attach the "block path actor's tag” to the "event" of the mover, or the exploding wall’s actor’s event?

I’m trying to block the path so that bots will not try to walk into the wall. The idea is that when the wall is broken, it will trigger the "block path actor" to be turned off and the path will be open. But what is the correct way to connect them?

I can’t find a tutorial on this?

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
Never mind, I got if figured out, thanks ChrisToth.hu!

I guess I should share the answer:

I have the tag name of the block path, set the same as the mover’s event. It seems to be working very well.

Now the block path actor turns off when the wall is broken.

Anyway the Skaarj is not crouching like he was before! I believe he was doing that because I didn’t have a block path and he was set to patrol, which was causing him to begin his walk before he was let out from behind the wall.

Ok, so enough of this Skaarj talk… :D