UE3 - General Promo Artist (AAA Video Games Developer) – London, UK – Salary up to £34k DoE

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lee@Amiqus

Feb 10, 2014
This is a genuine opportunity to work with a AAA Games Developer based in the UK, London. If you have any interest in games and Unreal then you will know they are.

They are looking for someone who has excellent experience with Unreal whether it is professional or on a personal basis.

The Job Spec is below... any questions drop me an email or call.

This is a great opportunity to work with one of the UK’s premier AAA Video Games Developers.

The role will primarily involve the creation of original, very high quality promotional images from 3D models and ‘in-game’ assets using the latest visualisation tools and technology. Your artwork will form a central component of the global promotional campaign for a very high profile, triple-A game franchise, so an understanding of marketing and branding is beneficial as is an interest in all forms of creative communication. A love of video games is also a plus!

The candidate must have the following experience:

• Advanced knowledge of the Unreal Editor and Photoshop.
• Experience, either professional or personal, in conceiving and creating engaging and effective pieces of PROMO ART that express and embody the core messages of a promotional games campaign.
• Technical and creative skills that will enable the generation and visual communication of innovative promotional concepts and the ability to deliver highly refined screenshots and supporting artwork throughout a lengthy media campaign.
• Exceptional creative and communication skills, enjoy working as a contributor in a large creative team and be comfortable in liaising with external creative agencies and global business partners.
• Competent in digital retouching.
• Ability to adapt to various art styles.

The candidate will ideally have the following qualities:

• Advanced knowledge of V-Ray.
• An innovative thinker, with excellent attention to detail, time management skills and the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
• A good ‘eye’ for image composition and thorough knowledge of camera techniques and terminology
• Strong presentation skills.
• Able to work as part of a team and be a positive and pro-active contributing member.
• A keen interest in film and all forms of interactive entertainment.

For further information or to apply to this role please contact Lee Burns on 0044 1925 839 722 or email me on lee.burns@amiqus.com

Median12

Mapper
Sep 18, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
What is V-Ray?

I'm a mapper since UT99 and onwards,'ll leave pics for you on here.

I know the Unreal Editor backwards from the beginning. Including UT3/kismet etc

I don't know what V-Ray is though.

You need a mapper then respond on here and we can exchange Emails.

UT3 maps

My UT2K4 map:

EDIT: Matinee and such is fine for film stuff on UDK or no weapons etc, I can make U files and such for that.

It would be wonderful to actually make something rather than just releasing maps online so get in touch. I have been mapping since year dot.

Not just UDK but Half-Life originally and Qradient (Soldier of fortune Editor) and nowdays Frostbite 2 (CoD Black Ops um Need for Speed, The Run... Editor)

If you want a professional mapper with what you offered above, thought and fantasy etc then email hunter30488@yahoo.com

Last edited:

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
This is a genuine opportunity to work with a AAA Games Developer based in the UK, London. If you have any interest in games and Unreal then you will know they are.

They are looking for someone who has excellent experience with Unreal whether it is professional or on a personal basis.

The Job Spec is below... any questions drop me an email or call.

This is a great opportunity to work with one of the UK’s premier AAA Video Games Developers.

The role will primarily involve the creation of original, very high quality promotional images from 3D models and ‘in-game’ assets using the latest visualisation tools and technology. Your artwork will form a central component of the global promotional campaign for a very high profile, triple-A game franchise, so an understanding of marketing and branding is beneficial as is an interest in all forms of creative communication. A love of video games is also a plus!

The candidate must have the following experience:

• Advanced knowledge of the Unreal Editor and Photoshop.
• Experience, either professional or personal, in conceiving and creating engaging and effective pieces of PROMO ART that express and embody the core messages of a promotional games campaign.
• Technical and creative skills that will enable the generation and visual communication of innovative promotional concepts and the ability to deliver highly refined screenshots and supporting artwork throughout a lengthy media campaign.
• Exceptional creative and communication skills, enjoy working as a contributor in a large creative team and be comfortable in liaising with external creative agencies and global business partners.
• Competent in digital retouching.
• Ability to adapt to various art styles.

The candidate will ideally have the following qualities:

• Advanced knowledge of V-Ray.
• An innovative thinker, with excellent attention to detail, time management skills and the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
• A good ‘eye’ for image composition and thorough knowledge of camera techniques and terminology
• Strong presentation skills.
• Able to work as part of a team and be a positive and pro-active contributing member.
• A keen interest in film and all forms of interactive entertainment.

For further information or to apply to this role please contact Lee Burns on 0044 1925 839 722 or email me on lee.burns@amiqus.com

You guys @ http://www.amiqus.com/ aren't very good at recruitment apparently... It is pretty standard when creating a help wanted ad to tell who people would be applying to and nowhere in your post did you do that.
I.E. What AAA video games developer exactly? Hmmm? Pertinent info here.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
They usually don't actually, they don't post it online so that people can't apply direct and undercut them.

Amiqus aren't a particularly great agency though, you can usually find what they are advertising online without much hassle.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
They usually don't actually, they don't post it online so that people can't apply direct and undercut them.

Amiqus aren't a particularly great agency though, you can usually find what they are advertising online without much hassle.

Though I suppose it may not apply to all industries it is commonplace here to contract with a recruitment company and let them funnel and filter people entirely for you. So though perhaps not everywhere, it is quite standard here in Texas. It actually comes across as somewhat dishonest to do otherwise intentionally. Granted somebody in Texas is less likely to apply for a job in Europe then say...somebody in Europe. Albeit Austin and Dallas areas have multiple AAA studios, so there is certainly a talent pool to try and pull from.

Last edited:

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
I get contacted by recruiters on a more-than-weekly basis - the majority of the time they are just throwing shit at studio advertised openings and hoping something sticks. Many of them are so lazy that they copy and paste the original job description in their own advert.

There are almost no games industry recruiters worth talking to, and in some cases studios won't even entertain applications coming through recruiters anyway - so you'd be shooting yourself in the foot.