Cave Story - Doukutsu Monogatari

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SKShadow4D

Oct 25, 2004
I found this freeware Japanese game... totally awesome... Not FHIV4 but yeah, it is cool..

LINK: http://agtp.romhack.net/doukutsu.html

It is about this guy with amnesia apparently, and if anyone gets this I am stuck at the boss of the labyrinth...

Note To Admins...: That place doesn't have commercial roms. and only makes translations
EDIT: That place also has an english patch.. just noticed.... heh :rolleyes:

Mini walkthrough...

At the start select the first option "new" and go through the diologue

Start Point - The floppy is a save point, the tank thing with a heart is a health... restorer.. thingie... save. now. and leave with the down key
First Cave - To the right are blocks with stars... Nothing to do there... go left. The red spikes do 5 damage... one hit kill... get used to this. go all the way left until you see a tank thing with a heart in it... this increases max health.. get it with the down key. OMGOMGOMG!!!11! you now can survive the spikezzz... heh. go along the tunnel and into the big... mouth... thing...
Hermit Gunsmith - The man is asleep... open the chest to get *Polar Star*

- Cutscene -
From Somewhere a transmission
Searching for user "Sue"
1 user "Sue" found.
Kazuma: Sue! Please respond! They're looking for you... Are you asleep? Your brother is so lonely...
maybe continued

Last edited:

icemanex

Sep 20, 2004
it looks good so far, is there any way to get it smaller size?
im not fond of the full screen mode

icemanex

Sep 20, 2004
oh i noticed its not the exact metroid music but its similar
and the energy tanks look like samus's energy tanks
and the cave graphics look similar
i think he was a fan of the first metroid game :p

SKShadow4D

Oct 25, 2004
Icemanex: There is a way to get it out of full screen Open DoConfig, and on the right side of it there is a dropdown with "courier new" in it... below it it says "Full Screen", drop down this menu, and click anything you want...

- Continued Walkthrough -
Head back and save your game... if you die, I will laugh so hard... just kidding. :) Kill some of the enemies with the new polar star gun, and get the little bouncing yellow gems to build up the weapon you have out, if you get hurt, this meter drops, and you can even lose a level... kill enemies and build up the polar star to level 3 (boss coming up). When that is done, head right from *start point* and shoot through the blocks with stars on them... kill the enemies and DON'T TOUCH THE DOOR! the door is an enemy... kill the door, THEN go on in.

Nah... I won't make up a script right now..
You end up at mimiga village. Go to the northern are, into Yamash1ta Farm. Go all the way to the right, drop in the water, and get the life capsule. Back at Mimiga village, go into the door with a floppy above it and save/heal, then go to the door on the far left into the resivoir. Jump over the platforms, then go into the water and get the shiney thing. Start to leave, When you do, you see Toroko, who runs away... Head back outside, and go into the building in the lowest right corner...

Shack

You fight a boss here... start to go right and toroko will attack you...
Shoot him once, then talk to him... eventually the door will slam open...
When the block guy (Balrog) asks you a question, answer yes, and a battle begins...

Boss: Balrog...
Not really a boss... just shoot him, and jump over him when he runs at you...
You get EXP for only this boss battle in the entire game... not to good, eh?
CONTINUED...

EDIT: replace the 1 with a "I"