Wheel Of Time decorations into Unreal Tournament?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Deathbliss

UT Engineer
Apr 9, 2001
USA
www.planetunreal.com
Ok so I have this TOTALLY awesome level and the lighting is whats next. Problem is that for the level I can't slop ligting textures around - it's a primitive tree top level and I need torches etc. Unfortunatly Unreal Tournament doesn't give you a lot of options in this area. So I get Wheel of Time for a mere $7.00 BRAND NEW today and I notice that there are a LOT of lighting decorations that will serve my purposes in the WOTDecoration Class. So what I need to know is twofold:

1. How do I import these items into Unreal Tournament?
(cut and paste don't work BTW)

2. What script editor do you recommend and where do I get it?

I also need COMPLETE and CLEAR instructions so I know what to do. Proper credit will be given in the level's Readme.txt for your help. So PLEASE help me!

Thanks!
- Deathbliss

DeeperShade

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
www.tar-valon.com
Originally posted by 3s
Erm, DS? Why are you posting here, then? You don't really help them out with that, right? And I don't see what's illegal about it either. Do you think those people will use the decoration to make money? DB said he would give proper credit, right?

I posted to inform him that it IS in the grey area of legalilty.

It doesnt matter about money or credit. The makers of WOT have already stated that they'd be very displeased if someone ported their stuff over..

Jeez.. I noticed your 1000th thread thing on OT... You blame me for you missing your 1000th post? (thats what it sounds like, if you didnt mean that then ignore this next bit) I cannot be held responsible for what you post, when you post, what you ignore and what you dont...

_Zd_3s_

Regristered User
Originally posted by DeeperShade
...Jeez.. I noticed your 1000th thread thing on OT... You blame me for you missing your 1000th post...?

Posted by 3s in the OT forum
Eheheh... That was stupid...

I totally forgot I had 999 posts. Damn, that felt bad. I didn't want to use my 1000th post to debate with Deepsy...

No. Of course not. :rolleyes: Why do you always take things personally? I said: "That was stupid." i.e. "Damn I'm so stupid"
Then I said: "I totally forgot I had 999 posts" i.e. "I totally forgot I had 999 posts."

So. I read your post. I was curious about why you posted it. I forgot I had 999 posts. I am st00pid. I wanted the 1000th post to be a happy one. Not just another post. You understand that, right? I don't see how you can possibly think I was blaming you for my faults. I thought you knew me a little bit... :(

I like you dude. Perhaps you didn't realise that yet, but I do...

DeeperShade

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
www.tar-valon.com
Originally posted by 3s
No. Of course not. :rolleyes: Why do you always take things personally? I said: "That was stupid." i.e. "Damn I'm so stupid"
Then I said: "I totally forgot I had 999 posts" i.e. "I totally forgot I had 999 posts."

So. I read your post. I was curious about why you posted it. I forgot I had 999 posts. I am st00pid. I wanted the 1000th post to be a happy one. Not just another post. You understand that, right? I don't see how you can possibly think I was blaming you for my faults. I thought you knew me a little bit... :(

I like you dude. Perhaps you didn't realise that yet, but I do...

I didnt think that it was meant the way it sounded :)

I dont often take things overly personally... I just misinterpreted your post really... its kinda hard to work out how somethings meant to sound when its written in text :)

ah well :)

DeeperShade

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
www.tar-valon.com
Importing as decoration..

Ok, you need a program called 3ds2unr.

Follow the importing tutorial I gave earlier ( http://forums.planetunreal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71272 )

Then just alter the output code to the following:

Code:
class m41apulserifle expands ut_Decoration;

#exec MESH IMPORT MESH=pulser ANIVFILE=MODELS\pulse_a.3d DATAFILE=MODELS\pulse_d.3d X=0 Y=0 Z=0
#exec MESH ORIGIN MESH=pulser X=0 Y=0 Z=0

#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=pulser SEQ=All STARTFRAME=0 NUMFRAMES=30
//#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=pulser SEQ=??? STARTFRAME=0 NUMFRAMES=30

#exec MESHMAP NEW MESHMAP=pulser MESH=pulser
#exec MESHMAP SCALE MESHMAP=pulser X=0.1 Y=0.1 Z=0.2

#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=Jtex1 FILE=MODELS\pulse.pcx GROUP=Skins FLAGS=2
#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=Jtex1 FILE=MODELS\pulse.pcx GROUP=Skins PALETTE=Jtex1
#exec MESHMAP SETTEXTURE MESHMAP=pulser NUM=0 TEXTURE=Jtex1

defaultproperties
{
     DrawType=DT_Mesh
     Mesh=LodMesh'DeeperShade.pulser'
     DrawScale=0.250000
     CollisionHeight=30.000000
     bCollideActors=True
     bBlockActors=True
     bBlockPlayers=True
}

Obviously, dont make it exactly like that.. alter it for your needs :)

LP

*wants to be your friend*
Mar 2, 2001
Ireland
www.mvpb.net
i cant get the DOS bit to work , i tryed typing what u did with my filename , but it wont work , arg

It makes the classes and models folder, but puts nuthin in them

I give up!, i hate coding

DeeperShade

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
www.tar-valon.com
Right. you'll have to recompile it because my texture is poop...

Once youve done that.. open it in the class browser and add it like any other UT_Decoration class