Vehicle concept

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mr.CrackPot

Jul 23, 2005
I have the over the top and the rear view finished. The back one doesn't really show the whole vehicle, just the back of the tank/turret.

What really irks me is the fact that my style is very sketchy and focuses more on shape/form than small mechanical detail, so it's very vague and loose in parts.

That's fine, as long as you have the general shape and function there I'll improvise whatever needs to be improvised to make it work, I tend to do that quite often.

This is great! As soon as you have everything posted I'll get to work :)

There's a good reason why tanks don't have a grill like a car, the frontal armour tends to be the part most likely to get shot at, and grills are not that great for stopping tanks shells and RPG's ;)

damn straight. Grills are terrible at stopping shots, doesn't mean that we don't lurv them anyway :D

btw grobut brings up a good point, what kind of role is intended for this tank?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.CrackPot

Jul 23, 2005
oh yeah thats fantastic, just waiting on the side and top now. So I've been doing some research and basically these light tanks are infantry support it seems; is that how this tank functions?

Mr.CrackPot

Jul 23, 2005
yeah, something more aimed towards "light" vehicles; something more like a *dum* *dum* *dum* *dum* type of firing. For the infantry, the cannon can shoot a large bore flak projectile, also decent against flying vehicles! very nice :D

Like a flack canon but a tank version
how more anti anything can you get?
great for surface to air aswell

*thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud* .... BOOM! ... Mayday mayday we are going down!

just imagine how it could shred through players on foot ... nasty

Last edited:

Mr.CrackPot

Jul 23, 2005
to be fair I was thinking of something like a machine cannon primary (as suggested by grobut) designed to attack low armour vehicles while the secondary was a slow-firing monster flak intended to take out people and flying vehicles unforunate enough to fly close enough to get hit :p

it's really upto ironharvest, this is his baby; the fire mode's whatever you like buddy :)

as for a name... something along the lines of shredder light tank?

1R0NH4R\/35T

is not amused.
May 10, 2008
Earth
ticktockman92.deviantart.com
to be fair I was thinking of something like a machine cannon primary (as suggested by grobut) designed to attack low armour vehicles while the secondary was a slow-firing monster flak intended to take out people and flying vehicles unforunate enough to fly close enough to get hit :p

it's really upto ironharvest, this is his baby; the fire mode's whatever you like buddy :)

as for a name... something along the lines of shredder light tank?

I kinda like the idea of the name ending in 'er' or 'or' or whatever. I'm trying to think of a way to make P.W.N.Z.O.R. into an acronym.

Mr.CrackPot

Jul 23, 2005
or Am-a-rock

har dee har har get it? Ok I'll stop.
Yeah It's pretty good, I like it. And again as soon as you're ready I'm good to go.

I'm kinda liking Amarok.
According to wikipedia, it's a gigantic wolf in Inuit mythology that hunts down anyone foolish enough to hunt alone at night. That seems like a good name for an anti-infantry vehicle in my opinion.

AH HA!!!! .... it is also the name of a fairly ok KDE based media player

but it sounds nice
maybe it could have its own cloaking device ... Axon took note from their enemies tech and tried to replicate it? o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o