ut2k7 demo release

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
They better release specs before releasing a demo, I need to build a new PC and I'd go nuts if I couldn't play a game at the highest settings.

SugarBear

Sadly Un-Surreal
May 18, 2001
Doesn't even matter
Visit site
I don't drust anything that doesn't come directly from Robert.

anyway, I wouldn't expect a demo BEFORE the game comes out, when was the last time a company did that? The last batch of major releases the Demo has come out several months after the game. I've never thought it made much sense, but that's how it is.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Uhhh, Epic always releases a demo before the full release, for feedback purposes.

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
Selerox said:
You weren't there for UT2003 then were you? There was just one week between Demo and Gold, and we all know what happened after that...
People were gleefully decapitating each other in OnSlaught?

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Selerox said:
You weren't there for UT2003 then were you? There was just one week between Demo and Gold, and we all know what happened after that...

No I skipped that one. I think Epic learned their lesson with UT2004 though and released a demo with plenty of time to have people look it over.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
My money is in advance of the summer holidays. Kids get bored, there gonna want a new game to play and lots of games will sell around this time. Maybe not to the extent of christmas, but the game wil hopeully be out long before that.

Lopar-XL

Currently trying to mend my mind, etc.
Jul 8, 2005
USA
profile.imageshack.us
All right, here's my two cents from my astronaut bank. I surmise the demo will be released around August 2006, and the full game in either January or February 2007. That is, assuming they've learned their lessen and give us more time for feedback, maybe even a few patches for the demo to test some ideas. It's an unlikely scenario, but one can dream...:)

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Waiting in hope...

Crowze said:
What is interesting is that play.com do have it slated for January 2006 release, and I wonder how many other stores are using such speculative guesses to try and ramp up pre-game sales.

My guess? All of them. All online (and offline) stores' release dates for gates are pure fiction.

It's not out until you see it on BU News.

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
Play, amazon, hmv, they all post bs release dates. They are never based on anything except some random guy's guess. It's just so they can start getting people to pre-order. Who's gonna pre-order a game when they have no idea when it's going to be released? Never know, could be another duke nukem forever :p

dragonator4

Dec 8, 2005
well its called "Unreal Tournament 2007" right so i think its demo would be released sometime in late 2006
[SARCASM][/SARCASM]

the head

Dec 3, 2005
FireCrack said:
Odds are Q3 or Q4 of 2006 for the next ut, mabye late Q2 if we're lucky...
if the producer of the game says he holps that ut2k7 will be ready in Q1 06' then even if it wont come out then, its most likly to come on Q2,as i already said, this release is the 1st, it will support up to 32 players, a patch will come out later increasing it to 64, this is a good place to mention thta all patches & extra stuff will be automaticlly downloaded to the game when you go online with it & patches in ut07' will have extra skins,maps etc... on it.
i think the demo will come out in late 05' ,probably at christmas.

truegamer

Jul 25, 2005
Being someone that has addictively followed the Unreal series (I mean addictively) since Unreal Tournament II was announced (before ut2003 or Unreal Championship), I'm feeling I should post an annoyingly long analysis on how Epic MIGHT (emphasis on MIGHT) go about this game.

Generally, when we aren't seeing anything at all from Epic (not even news), it's because the game is going through such a dramatic metamorphysis that, in most cases, anything that is posted will be dramatically changed by the time the game is completed. All we have truly seen that might possibly be a part of the game is the Conquest (Unreal Warfare, now... this is why they're not talking - the name 'Conquest' was bogus) CityLights demo from E3, which showed off the most basic of elements in the game (three vehicles [an earlier version from before E3 showed the manta in action... not perspectively but you saw them attacking. in the E3 demo, a bug killed the script when the tank didn't show up after the part involving the new Scorpion], and we only saw the Rocket Launcher, the Flak Cannon and the Shock Rifle. There was also some bio globs floating about, but that's it).

When we do start seeing things, they will be (most likely) public playtests. Many times with UT2004, Epic would take over a LAN gaming center or create their own for a day or two for local residents (local meaning North Carolina) to try the game and give feedback. In most of these tests, we saw the only maps that we had been seeing throughout the production of the game (the one that stood out the most was ONS-Torlan, which made its own metamorphysis throughout the events. I remember the first videos of UT2004, which featured an ONS-Torlan that had very different base design to it, and even an ONS-ArcticStronghold without weapon lockers). ONS-Torlan became the level-oriented posterboy of UT2004, as it was in every public demo and video that came out during UT2004's production.

Mentioning this, I imagine that the demo will include whatever Unreal Warfare level the CityLights demo is in, and with that, Unreal Warfare.

Next is player models. In actual gameplay videos, we've seen Thundercrash, and that's it. So, expect the demo to have Thundercrash.

Also, Epic's demos always have one level for the most popular game modes. So, expect a new original DM map (I've yet to see any remakes appear in demos, except for the later UT2004 demos [which contained CTF-FaceClassic]), a new CTF map and possibly a smaller version of the CityLights UW level for Onslaught purposes, if even.

Mutators? A few fun ones. No instagib (as was the case with the first UT2004 demo).

Now, as far as release is concerned... not for a while. It took a long time for the UT2003 demo to come to fruition (unless you consider the leaks to be demos), and we didn't see the UT2004 demo until after roughly 7 months of public playtesting. Over time, we saw content in the UT2004 public playtests dwindle down (the first test included AS-Mothership, for example, though I should mention that we didn't even see DM-Rankin until the final playtest, which was about 3 weeks before the demo came out), and didn't see the demo until there was almost like a pinnacle in playtesting (new videos on a weekly basis).

In conclusion, Epic is being very quiet right now, and isn't showing a single thing, most likely because key elements of the game are still changing on a day-to-day basis. As we all know, UT2007 is being built using a backwards process where the game is written and the levels designed architecturally before the art and fluffyness is added. So, the fact that half of the levels are probably naked and the other half are coming out of the woodwork should be an indicator that we are very far from any sort of release at all.

Also, because the game is still changing, they have no concrete idea on the system specs, so we shouldn't be getting those anytime soon either. Note how they jumped on the non-credibility of the specs that were leaked about a month ago. This is because they aren't even truly certain on them yet.

So, the time frames I am predicting...I would say that they are, judging from how they've acted with past games, probably, contentwise, about 60 percent done. However, for anybody who knows the game making process, making the content is half the battle - getting it to work on literally any hardware design is even harder. This is where the public playtests, which I expect to start happening around March, will begin. They'll start testing the game out everywhere they go, and with that will come your media storm of gameplay videos.

After that, it will probably be another 4 months (taking us to July) before we get any sort of system specs (which will come before the demo, for obvious reasons). And after that, you can probably expect about a month of further bugsquashing, with some more playtests.

When the playtests and released content STOPS completely, as it always does, expect a demo in about 3 weeks. And after that, expect the game to go gold 2-5 weeks following. This takes us to August for the demo, mid to late September for the game itself.

Anyone wanna put money on this?

Last edited:

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
truegamer said:
I'm feeling I should post an annoyingly long analysis on how Epic MIGHT (emphasis on MIGHT) go about this game.
;)
At least it kept my interest in it unlike some of the long posts in this subforum.
:lol:

was an interesting read. I'm just loking forward to how this folds out.