Gameinformer covers Fortnite

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
Are you still waiting in hope that when Fortnite comes along its going to bring you back to loving Epic and everything it does?

Gameinformer have revealed that their May issue will be offering an extensive (20 page) look at Epic's upcoming free to play title, Fortnite.

Last edited:

RennyManJr

Hater in Rehab
Jan 20, 2008
Modena, Italy
www.runesofwar.net
This is a kind of game where the f2p mechanics usually spoil all the fun. I still want to see some actual gameplay just because they're epic games (would have totally ignored this game if it came from almost any other game developer), but i'm 90% sure i'll pass on this. :(

jjensson

Apr 2, 2008
Frankly speaking, I'd really like to gloat over its failure. I'm not willing to troll or anything, but that's exactly how I feel.

I feel the same, absolutely. Casual, comicky looking crap...

I installed UT3 again, after years of BF3/BF4, and man this game rocks. I wish Epic would find their roots again. Oh well, one can dream...

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
F2P huh. I'll give it a shot of course, but I have to find a F2P game I enjoy for longer than 2hrs.

Oh well.

I'm right there with you. F2P sends chills down my spine.

I'd love for this to be a big hit because the idea sounds fun, but there's so many things that have me worried about it.

One of those things is how they've gone nearly silent on the game even as several key people have departed the studio. It's not like Epic to stay tight-lipped. But maybe that should be seen as a good thing?