If we restarted FragBU...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Would you play at FragBU if it came back? (See first post)

• Total voters

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I also refuse to partake in any game that involves the translocator. Imho, that completely ruins CTF for me, which turns into a retarded teleportfest rather than a legitimate team game D:
Trans is the only thing that makes CTF in UT good :p

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Trans is the only thing that makes CTF in UT good :p

Agreed!:) Although, not having it wouldn't drive me away. Just make sure and let me know ahead of time what mods will be played and I'll check if I have them installed or not or if I need to install the latest versions. I'll go ahead and vote, yes, but it's more of a timing thing with family events and stuff.

Mclogenog

I put the lol in philology
I personally prefer not having the translocator, but I believe no translocator is a default mutator that could be voted per game.

As for the FragBU times, I think a smaller window of when the event is would be a good thing. An official 5 hour time slot on fridays, or such. Otherwise the player count will be too spread out and too low.

Regarding the custom content, perhaps it would be best if a "FragBU pack" was compiled. I know that some Holp maps aren't played at all, same with some CBP maps, and downloading all of the packs individually could discourage some players. Having BU folks vote on what should be in the "FragBU pack" would be easy enough, and I'm confident that the HOLP and CBP guys would allow such a pack to be created.

Mclogenog

I put the lol in philology
Those are the ones I've seen played most. But I was using them for example anyway. If you wanted me to list all of the maps I recommend for a FragBU pack, that would have taken a while.

EDIT: also it would be fairly easy to contact the CBP and HOLP teams for permission. The individual maps may not be so easy.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
To be fair, downloading the entire CBP packs and HOLP packs is just easy and convenient. Sure it's a fair bit of file size (2 gig for both), but the content is easy to obtain and install.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
To be fair, downloading the entire CBP packs and HOLP packs is just easy and convenient. Sure it's a fair bit of file size (2 gig for both), but the content is easy to obtain and install.

I agree with that. I also don't like the translocator as well, but it's probably just me not knowing how to use it properly :D

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Ah, funny :) Well we can probably put this on. I honestly had never noticed that but it might explain some things :p

WHIPperSNAPper

Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
Gah, I just voted thinking that this was a reference to the FragBU UT99 server, so I voted, "Maybe, if the server was setup right" instead of "No, UT3 does not interest me anymore ." Oops. Anyway, don't put up a UT3 server on my account.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP.

Guys I am thinking of buying a public server and running one-day events on either Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Would more than 3 people join me in this escapade?

P.S. I will load whatever garbage people want if it will make them play.