Q's Panoramic Screenshot Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Scale 1-10: UT3 looks better than Crysis and other similar games.

• 1. UT3 graphics totally suck compared to Crysis!

Votes: 8 10.8%

Votes: 3 4.1%

Votes: 13 17.6%

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • 5. Equals Crysis graphics.

Votes: 9 12.2%

Votes: 1 1.4%

Votes: 3 4.1%

Votes: 8 10.8%

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • 10. Fantastic looking - Way better than Crysis!!!

Votes: 9 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Qx9

Qx9
Nov 14, 2004
DM-Defiance

Here's DM-Defiance, featuring Othello. The original render is 11526x2689. Yes, over 11,000 pixels wide.

This makes a cool wallpaper and can be resized/cropped to popular sizes. Just change it to your monitors height and set as wallpaper centered. Can be easily resized to:

1920x1200
1920x1080
1600x1200
1680x1050
1280x1024
1280x720
1024x768

Have fun!! ;)

- Q

Attachments

• Qs DM-Defiance 5144x1200.jpg
    Qs DM-Defiance 5144x1200.jpg
    1,016.1 KB · Views: 180

Deapblade

Jul 15, 2004
Thank you very much sir!
*saves

On technical level: Crysis is better, UT3 could never do that.
On artistic level: I like the post apocalyptic surreal look of UT3 better.

BobTheBeheader

Aug 31, 2005
Warshington State
UT3 looks better then Crysis in some ways, Crysis looks better in others. Technologically speaking, Crysis has the bump on UT3. Artistically speaking, UT3 wins.

I'll go with art/creativity and vote a 7.

Edit: Also, panoramas make me dizzy. :(

Last edited:

Grogan

I think Crysis has better looking graphics, more "photo realistic", but of what use is Crysis? (none to me, besides ogling rich graphics at relatively low fps... I don't even care for the game play)

I'm going to refrain from voting on the poll, because I'd be just choosing an arbitrary, middle of the road number that doesn't mean anything.

Qx9

Qx9
Nov 14, 2004
Monitor Resolution

[VaLkyR]Anubis;2070999 said:
Holy Moly Qx9,these pics are just awesome.How do you get these pics in this res.Do you use such a res as your true res ?:)

Glad you like the pics!

I use a little old 19" Samsung monitor with max 1280x1024 resolution. But, you can take screenshots double your monitor size by using the command tiledshot. Then, when you add about 45 images together in a 360 degree panorama, you end up with huge images! So that's how it works. ;)

Q

{TD}orgasmix

orgasmic
Apr 4, 2005
yo awesome job on the pics!

on the crysis forum that was linked from here regarding the panoramas, one the posters gave mention to Pano2QTVR, you could try that to make it interactive. y'know for laughs and giggles

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!

I know the over riding theme of this thread is that crysis graphics are better but this crysis screenshot makes me want to give UT3 a higher vote than i was going too.

(The other panoramic shots from crysis on that forum/thread are much much better than this one though.)

UT3 graphics are good though, i don't give a damn about realism i just want prettyness.

JimBodkins

Apr 10, 2004
I dont understand these issues.

Do people mean the better looking game is the better game or do they get some odd form of cred for being associated with a game that has a 'cool' factor.

In this sense game is a 'verb' of sorts - its a thing you do. It isnt a state of being or a static thing to observe.

Honestly, I spend most of my time in this series with UT99 and 2k3 (2k4 is great but there are design issue I have a problem with - but that is OT). And I think 2k3 looks fabulous, is smooth and with the right combination of mutes etc it is a great play. UT3 is a better engine in terms of its ability to render debris - and I think its terrific - but I dont really like debris much. I'll take maps like that greek ddom map - athena or something (sorry - brain fart) - or ctf-hypothermia or ctf-betrayal or ... you get the picture I"m sure. I know UT3 is capable of the stylized map - right now its doing debris, which is ok - lots of people like debris.

Back on point - gameplay gameplay gameplay. These engines have looked spectacular since 2k3. Comparisons arent needed really.

[VaLkyR]Anubis

Foregone Destruction
Jan 20, 2008
Gaia
www.youtube.com
Glad you like the pics!

I use a little old 19" Samsung monitor with max 1280x1024 resolution. But, you can take screenshots double your monitor size by using the command tiledshot. Then, when you add about 45 images together in a 360 degree panorama, you end up with huge images! So that's how it works. ;)

Q
You're welcome and thanks for the explanation.:)

I hope you will make more of these pics in the future,I collect them all.:D

soto

Feb 2, 2008
Here is the deal ... this poll basically means nothing. I see it like this, UT3 has an all around sci-fi feel to it. While the environment and everything else in Crysis is reality based. Their really is no comparision between them. Crysis wins for its style, while UT3 wins for its style. I dont know much about this, but Crysis uses DX10 if im right, and UT3 does not. Big difference their.

Here is a video demonstrating.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijwoW6mQW-s
and another
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewh4zbYUjhw&feature=related

Anyway, nice panoramic things.

Last edited:

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
Here is the deal ... this poll basically means nothing. I see it like this, UT3 has an all around sci-fi feel to it. While the environment and everything else in Crysis is reality based. Their really is no comparision between them. Crysis wins for its style, while UT3 wins for its style. I dont know much about this, but Crysis uses DX10 if im right, and UT3 does not. Big difference their.

Here is a video demonstrating.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijwoW6mQW-s
and another
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewh4zbYUjhw&feature=related

Anyway, nice panoramic things.

Sorry to burst your DX10 bubble, but thats utter bollocks. There is very little DX10 can do that DX9 can't also do. Not much of a difference other than performance and geometry shaders. Microsoft dearly wants to push Vista on people by hyping DX10.

Crysis does Sc-Fi stuff too and generally looks better than UT3. This comes at a price when it comes to hardware though. Epic could have made UT3 look that good or even better than Crysis, but It wouldn't be fun for fast paced MP gaming.