I just bought a new comp will it run this game?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ma3a*

Null-Technology
Dec 25, 2005
Will this work also:

Pentium 4 3.2ghz
3 gig ram,
X850XT AGP version.( i bought one ,unused system)

And what can i expect the Grapichs level? medium? low? high?

Last edited:

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
You got plenty of RAM, more than you are likely to need.
A decent graphics card.

But your processer is gonna struggle. you may need to update that.
I would hazzard a guess at medium settings still.

I dont think this game is gonna be as hardware as intensive as people think. Epic have a history of optimising there games well (unlike BF2 and FEAR)

Rk.

Sleezy bastard.
Nov 18, 2005
Candyland.
Ma3a* said:
900$.....Jealous? lmao
Not at all... I have around 15 000kr*, and the pile of money is still growing:>

*15 000kr=2141dollars/1666 pounds, but don't read this.

Last edited:

Ma3a*

Null-Technology
Dec 25, 2005
The_Head said:
You got plenty of RAM, more than you are likely to need.
A decent graphics card.

But your processer is gonna struggle. you may need to update that.
I would hazzard a guess at medium settings still.

I dont think this game is gonna be as hardware as intensive as people think. Epic have a history of optimising there games well (unlike BF2 and FEAR)

Well dude, its looking like some Flash Mecromedia game lol, but then really textured.

and btw, what about this one:

Amd X2 3800+
X1800 XT PCI
3 gig?

at what level detail i can expect?

Last edited:

Draco73

Oct 11, 2005
www.silentdragons.com
yeah please stop askin those questions cause in all honestly no one knows for sure its just a guessing game...if u have a decent pc right now with a good graphics card and 2gb of ram or more, ull easily run the game...and thats all anyone can say right now. no one knows how "well" it will run yet...but u can play it so be happy with that.

Ma3a*

Null-Technology
Dec 25, 2005
Soz, we're all shi*ting in our pants for ut2007, im just so excited...

PDQ72

Oct 10, 2000
Visit site
Will my system run UT2007:

Pentium II 350
TNT 2
32 MB memory
Sound Blaster 16

I get like 60 fps on classic DOOM.
So I'm thinking I should get around half that for UT2007.

Any suggestions for an upgrade??

Decibel

Carpe Imperium
Nov 11, 2005
Netherlands
www.clanci.net
PDQ72 said:
Will my system run UT2007:

Pentium II 350
TNT 2
32 MB memory
Sound Blaster 16

I get like 60 fps on classic DOOM.
So I'm thinking I should get around half that for UT2007.

Any suggestions for an upgrade??

I'd say email epic, and they will get back to you as soon as the specs are out.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
Ma3a* said:
Well dude, its looking like some Flash Mecromedia game lol, but then really textured.

and btw, what about this one:

Amd X2 3800+
X1800 XT PCI
3 gig?

at what level detail i can expect?
Hopefully High.
Because thats pretty much what I will have by Spring. ;)
except only 2Gig of RAM.

I think it is entirely possible to make good assumptions about what sort of rig the game will need to run on.
With epic at the helm its unlikely to be as badly optimised as FEAR or BF2.
Just remember how good the last UT's looked even on comparitevely rubbish rigs.

I would say if you pc can cope with those 2 games you should be ok

Chef Boyardee

Jan 30, 2006
Well, I want to know if a the originally posted system specs will be able to run the game on max settings. That's the question. I just spent $2500 on a upgrade and i'll be damnned if I'm not gonna play my games at max. I insist on running this game @ 1280x720 w/ 8x AF at a minimum. will it be possible?

I basically have the same system w/ an fx-55 instead.

Last edited:

pwnghetti & leetballs

Barnacle Blitzkrieg!
Jan 14, 2006
Long Island, NY
Your still asking questions that no one knows the answer to. Of course you can run the game at max settings. There's no telling what your frame rate will be though. The point is that it will run. ;)

kiwi

Sep 26, 2005
imo the spec necessary to run ut2007 won`t be so exaggerated (if u will run it at low level).

with an xt850 xt it shuld run fine imo without pushing the level at the top, y r so scared of the new spec needed for this game i dunno. there is no place where u can find the REAL spec needed for this game... people saw the trailers and videos about ut2k7 and thought that to gain that kind of level we all need ultra-pc....ue3 is atm the best engine for texture rendering and as said in the main ue3 video "the texture is an average between low level and high level texture" so is the engine doing all the work.

so all calm down... can u play ut2004 o ur pc at high level?...welll u will be able to play ut2k7...remmeber not at the top level but u won`t have to buy a new pc just for that;)

BeMyMonkey

Village Idiot
Apr 16, 2004
canadiansushi.surf.to
These threads are getting a bit old... Can't we sticky this?

Any dual core system with a 6800-class or higher GPU should run the game fine at decent detail levels/resolutions - there's a direct quote somewhere from Tim Sweeney or someone like that that a 6800 Ultra will do medium settings at 1024x768 without problems...

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
Why can't people look at it from this perspective.

EPIC ARE NOT GOING TO RELEASE A GAME THAT REQUIRES YOU TO SPEND $3000 TO PLAY IT BECAUSE NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE WILL BUY IT AND THEY WILL MAKE SWEET FA MONEY

thankyou

->Sachiel<-

Jul 24, 2005
Originally Posted by PDQ72
Pentium II 350
TNT 2
32 MB memory
Sound Blaster 16
??? ........................sorry, that can't run UT2004, or any java PROGRAMMING CONSOLE as a matter-of-fact, how's it going to run any next-gen game. sorry man, P2 is extinct, TNT is extinct, 32MB ram will lag on some high-res pictures and audio quality doesn't really matter much when it comes to performance. You'll be lucky to to run the game without your computer crashing, if it SOMEHOW runs, you'll get about a frame per 20 seconds.

AS FOR THE REST
DON'T WORRY, it'll run. Think of it this way, my brother's P4 1.2 Ghz with 768 RAM and a GeForce 4 MX can still run UT2004 on medium graphics with 40-60 FPS.

My P4 3.2 Ghz with 2GB RAM and a GeForce 6800 runs HL2 on full graphics and a resolution of 1280x1024 at 120 FPS.

SO, judging from Epic's high compatibility range and my computer's specs and their performance in regards to HL2, I'm guessing I'll be able to put graphics on HIGH and res on 800x600 (which I can live with) and still get an average of 40 FPS or more (probably more). So people, don't be scared, if your computer can run HL2 with 100+ FPS it'll most likely do just fine.