UT2004 compatible with Next UNREAL?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

fresh&minty

lollerbater
Mar 30, 2005
Turns2Ashes said:

hi, thanks for ripping off a proU saying that applies not only to ina, but to forums like this as well, and then taking it out of context. :lol:

The correct context is when somebody says something truly nooby, here are some classic examples.

1.I play ONS.
2.I like ONS
3.ONS takes strats
4.Deemers are cool
5.UTcomp is bad
6.Low grav maps take skill
7.I like men
8.weapon stay on is fun
9.I play on competitive pubs
10.the CBP2 map pack was good

all of these are comments the deserve a gb2ina, because they are all complete and utter noob trash. What you tried to comment, wasn't.

Symbolikal

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Jul 30, 2004
In britain in a small town.
ProUnreal are just a load of flamewads anyway. If you're so good (unlike me then, I suck), come to FragBU. 6PM CST or Midnight GMT. You are also flaming, this isn't ProUnreal, it's BuF, where this sort of thing ISN'T tolerated.
Shortened for your closed, arrogant mind, GB2ProU.
You are laughable, being so arrogant, you, a complete newbie (being nice in this case) to these forums, coming in here like you own this place. GTFO. You don't know how this place works, you don't know the people in it, you may/may not actually have a life because all you do is post in ProUnreal, full of smacktards who play religiously, which isn't a bad thing, but the attitude brought on by it is.
End of ridiculiously long rant.
Edit: You are also a bigot, we have a number of homosexuals/bisexuals on here who
1) Wouldn't take that kindly to what you said
2) Would own your so called "pro" arse back to the sewer I call ProUnreal.

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Alright, enough.

I won't tolerate flaming of other boards here. That includes telling people to go back to [insert forum here] We've got plenty of people who post on all of them. We've got casual and serious competetive players here. It's stupid and pointless and it isn't going to continue.

Fair warning.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
In fact

It's 3.0

But another version , i would have called it 4.0 or something?

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
hal said:
Alright, enough.

I won't tolerate flaming of other boards here. That includes telling people to go back to [insert forum here] We've got plenty of people who post on all of them. We've got casual and serious competetive players here. It's stupid and pointless and it isn't going to continue.

Fair warning.
GB2BuF.

Seriously though, enough with the petty flaming. We've never tolerated that here.

Back on topic, StaticMeshes and textures can be imported the same way in UE3, so as long as you have your source assets you should be fine. Also, BSP from UE2 games (such as 2k4) can be apparently be imported into UE3. That's how Epic imported Deck17's basic geometry into Envy from 2k4.

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
im sorry i just had to mnetion that i spotted spelling mistakes and gramma errors in almost every post after my last one, dyslexia rules!

remember guys and gals we are here to help eachother even if you sumtimes cant understand what people are saying, instead of moaning about it and making nasty comments why dont you simply ask "can you try and explain that better pls, i couldt quite understand" and being offensive about peoples sexuality is just out right wrong and very small minded. lets leave it at this.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
I'm sure it's going to be about as compatible as UT99 maps were with UT2kx.
ie : it probably is possible to import them, but the amount of work necessary to make them playable (and fun) again would kind of stop any decent mapper from even considering this option.

Also consider the fact that with the reduced movement-options most areas that were 'open' in UT2kx will be unreachable ...

And as was mentioned : the few 'classic' UT99 maps that are fun in UT2kx have been rebuilt from scratch.

Don't you think that DM-Subtracted-Cube would look very stupid & extremely ugly compared to the thousands-of-polygons worth of characters that will be playing ?

Last edited:

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
INIQUITOUS said:
anyone have any ideas or guesses if the maps from unreal2004 wil b compatible with the next one, becasue if they wont b then whats the point in making all these new maps etc.... totally pointless by end of year.

not really pointless. Its a good way to get practice in so you can make even better maps for Envy. :D

captainrad

admiral spock!
Feb 15, 2004
deck17 in envy? awesome! when did they say anything about that? just curious.

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
JaFO said:
I'm sure it's going to be about as compatible as UT99 maps were with UT2kx.
ie : it probably is possible to import them, but the amount of work necessary to make them playable (and fun) again would kind of stop any decent mapper from even considering this option.

Also consider the fact that with the reduced movement-options most areas that were 'open' in UT2kx will be unreachable ...

And as was mentioned : the few 'classic' UT99 maps that are fun in UT2kx have been rebuilt from scratch.

Don't you think that DM-Subtracted-Cube would look very stupid & extremely ugly compared to the thousands-of-polygons worth of characters that will be playing ?

very very true, all excellent points.especailly bout the "open" bit i think.