Our airplane is coming along well....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Waxx

Ultralight pilot
Oct 2, 1999
Ohio, USA
Visit site
For those who don't know, my dad and I are building an ultralight (airplane for you people who don't know poo about airplanes) in our garage. We have got half of the wing almost done now. Today we just built the first moving part, the aileiron (the part that makes the plane roll). I can't wait until it's done, so we can take aerial photographs of areas to use for maps! If anyone wants them when they're available, drop me a line.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
How about armament?
Which guns do you want to add to the Plane?
I'd take at least a SMG - and don't tell me that's not goin to work - the Luftwaffe Hitlerjugend used gliders with MP40s added for shooting practice..
Too bad a military aviation fanatic read your post..
But write more about that plane..

Snakeye /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

------------------
anything you do can get you killed, including doing nothing

Waxx

Ultralight pilot
Oct 2, 1999
Ohio, USA
Visit site
I considered building a mount for our .22, but couldn't find a good design for it. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif If you want pictures, I'll ask for the company we send them to to put them on a disk. It's coming along rather well, and should be done this summer. It says in the plans it take around 600 hours to build it. For an engine, it uses (get this /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif) half of a Volkswagen engine (just two cylindars)!

Waxx

Ultralight pilot
Oct 2, 1999
Ohio, USA
Visit site
Jeez, with that thing, we'd be the terror of the skies! Imagine the strafing runs we could pull off with it! LOL! I can just imagine seeing myself swooping down and letting a burst out into some guy's swimming pool down below, or strafing cars! That yould be some crazy stuff!

Mr. T

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
Yeah, it's all fun and games until the military sends a couple F-16s after you. 600 hrs to build and about 600 ms to un-build. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Waxx

Ultralight pilot
Oct 2, 1999
Ohio, USA
Visit site
LOL! Hey, I'd just blame it on Snakeye. After all, he was the one who asked "what armament". Seriously though, if you guys want pics of it, I'll get them put on a disk.

Twinkacide

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
Yeah, pics would be keen. During my brief aviation phase, I thought those things were the coolest thing in the world. Screw supersonic jet fighters, I wanted an ultralight! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
I don't think the F16 would get an Ultralight - those thing don't show up that good on radar/IR, do they?
If you really dislike the .22 idea, take some WP-grenades or molotovs with you. Would make a neat Attack Aircraft out of yout Ultralight. Maybe you could even sell the design to the USAF - they need cheaper aircraft..

------------------

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
I don't think the F16 would get an Ultralight - those thing don't show up that good on radar/IR, do they?
If you really dislike the .22 idea, take some WP-grenades or molotovs with you. Would make a neat Attack Aircraft out of your Ultralight. Maybe you could even sell the design to the USAF - they need cheaper aircraft..

------------------