redeemer is "way out" - help?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tapped

May 14, 2000
Visit site
I just bought UT and downloaded the 4.13 patch. On a GeForce with the 3.68 drivers, the redeemer is rendered incorrectly - too far "out" into the scene so that I can see "through" the parts closest to me. Weird.

I tried re-installing UT fresh, tried the 4.05b d3ddrv.dll and the two beta d3ddrv.dlls (6 and 8?), but it still always gets drawn incorrectly.

I've tried all different types of settings in the 3.68 drivers (not that I believe any of them have anything to do with this, but truth is stranger than fiction =), but to no avail.

It occurs in both 16- and 32-bit color, seemingly regardless of any other settings.

Here's a pic: (have to copy/paste into browswer; host is lame... sorry...)
http://www8.50megs.com/tapped/UT_WTF.jpg

Any ideas?

Other than that, kudos to the code monkies at Epic for a job well done... runs real nice. Pretty good game, too. =)

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by tapped (edited 05-15-2000).]

[This message has been edited by tapped (edited 05-15-2000).]

Oberon412

Jan 24, 2000
Brigantine, NJ, USA
Visit site
I have pretty much the same configuration as you, and experience the same problem. I think it has something to do with the resolution you're running UT at. It seems that the higher the resolution, the "farther away" your weapon is placed from the camera (that's not the best explanation, but try running UT at various resolutions, noting how much of a weapon you see, and you'll know what I mean). Try switching which hand you hold your weapon with- the chainsaw and minigun show similar graphical errors. I doubt there's anything we can do about it- it's just the way the game was made. :)

wiggum_pi

Dec 28, 1999
Visit site
Go to your User.ini located in your UnrealTournament\System folder. Open it up with a text editor (Notepad will do fine), and find the location where it says

DesiredFOV=90.000000
DefaultFOV=90.000000

Make sure both the DesiredFOV and the DefaultFOV are set at 90.

Hope this helps.

bullet2.gif

Who's gonna be the odd man out? I want to be the odd man out.
-- CookieMnstr|PuF

tapped

May 14, 2000
Visit site
Thanks...

My depth of field is 90... the only way to "correct" the problem is to set it as low as 80, and even then, with the viewbob, you can still see it clipping into the scene...

I haven't seen this with any other weapon, but it does this regardless of resolution and color-depth.

If anyone at Epic happens to read this... any ideas? I don't know how Epic could let something so glaringly nasty-looking get through.

Also does it regardless of handedness.

wiggum_pi

Dec 28, 1999
Visit site
You can turn off view bob under the options menu. Personally, I use a hidden weapon view -- it helps framerates, the weapons are no longer in the way, and best of all, it helps framerates :).

bullet2.gif

Who's gonna be the odd man out? I want to be the odd man out.
-- CookieMnstr|PuF

tapped

May 14, 2000
Visit site
Thanks, but...

1) Viewing the weapon without viewbob looks AND feels way stupid.

2) I like to see my weapon; my game's fast enough. =)

It does it whether view bob is off or on or regardless of what it's set to.

c'mon, Epic!!!

L

A

M

E

=