Unreal Tournament Turns 10!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LooseCannon

... but it's not pink ... ooh yes it is!
Oct 27, 2004
Hampshire, UK
Nice post Hal.

Happy memories from before I even got online. Twas my introduction to LAN parties and late nights - early morning sessions. :D

hypno

Oct 26, 2009
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Happy birthday UT :)

Thanks to you I've met so many cool people and had the opportunity to travel around the world to places i would enever go if it wasnt "you", in the long run i was even lucky enough to win some money with it.

I still remember the first day I tryed "Unreal" on LAN, near my school on a cybercafe, I was 12 at that time, was love at first sight. It's a shame that UT3 wasn't released as polished as you were out of the box, a big shame indeed.

Hopefully we'll see ourselfs again, in few years, UT4? Farewell :)

Juguard

The King Is Dead, Punk Rock Lives!
Nov 30, 1999
Tustin CA, USA
Visit site
Little late, but what a game UT was. I miss the online very much, never will be the way it used to be. :(

PS: it marks my 10th year BU anniversary. I signed up the date that UT was released. :p was Planet Unreal back then.

Last edited:

MrMaddog

Flak Monkey
Jul 13, 2002
Parts Unknown
Yeah I have a beta of that quake3 mod. Pity it was halted by ID. Unreal arena.

Hate to bump this couple days later, but that's not why the mod ended. Id gave the ok as long as Epic was cool with it, and Epic was long as only UT demo assets were used. The guy who worked on it had to stop b/c he's working full time for a game studio. Shame really, but he released the source code and stuff so someone could finish it.

It would have been awesome to see a UT vs Q3A mod. There's always the Tremor mutator though... ;)

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
I remember when I first saw Unreal on the shelves and thought: "Oh wow... what's this?"

When I installed and Unreal I remember looking up at the night sky in one level and going "Oh.... wow!"

The came UT...................

UT still gets played..... I still love it.

Happy Birthday.

I really like the anniversary theme on the main page.

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
*screws around the shopping center circa 2000*

Ok, let me check the bargain bin :p

*grabs that cheapo UT-GOYT game*

:eek2:

That's it

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
Wait what? I don't recall such a thing.

I did receive a copy of UT GOTY from infrogrames back then. But I don't recall anything about a jersey (sadly I lost the initial years of the utservers mailing archive, everything before 2002 is lost :/ ).

Bitkid got his and he sent it to me :p It was much more "t-shirt" and much less "jersey". I wore it until the tragic superglue accident. RIP.

|wSp|KiLLaKeLLeR

Dec 15, 2009
Does anyone here still play UT99?? I am a new admin to a 15 slot UT99 server and been playin a bout a year religiously and it seems to be dying down but I am trying to keep it alive on my part. I started playin online with the original Unreal Gold on my 56k modem when it came out, believe i was sophomore or junior can't remember lol Now I am in Kuwait and have set up a DM/CTF/TDM server that is based in chicago and I play regardless of the ping and always looking for new people to get UT "hooked" and even made a clan(fun competition based) and see if it goes anywhere; could use some help/admins/players etc if anyone would like to join me and keep it alive.
my webpage: http://wspclan.freeforums.org
I also have Xfire: kickz83 and am On Gametracker http://www.gametracker.com/killakeller/

WHIPperSNAPper

Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
Does anyone here still play UT99?? I am a new admin to a 15 slot UT99 server and been playin a bout a year religiously and it seems to be dying down but I am trying to keep it alive on my part. I started playin online with the original Unreal Gold on my 56k modem when it came out, believe i was sophomore or junior can't remember lol Now I am in Kuwait and have set up a DM/CTF/TDM server that is based in chicago and I play regardless of the ping and always looking for new people to get UT "hooked" and even made a clan(fun competition based) and see if it goes anywhere; could use some help/admins/players etc if anyone would like to join me and keep it alive.
my webpage: http://wspclan.freeforums.org
I also have Xfire: kickz83 and am On Gametracker http://www.gametracker.com/killakeller/

Can you tell us more about your server? What kind of games do you host on it? Regular weapons, Instagib, Low gravity, Sniper, DM, CTF, etc. Best way to re-invigorate your server would be to get all of your clanmates onto it at one time consistently so that its profile rises in the CTF server list when organized by player. Also, what is the IP for your server? It wasn't obvious on your webpage's frontpage.

Are you guys a North American or European clan? If you're North American, you should definitely join the rest of the North American UT99 community on IRC. (I don't think too many UT99 players are using XFire.) You can find us at:

Server: irc.GameRadius.net

Channels: #speedpug, #latinopug, #mlut, #kings

Be sure to check out the 5v5 CTF PUG matches at #latinopug and #kings. Playing a PUG match almost feels like playing a clan matches but without having to commit to a scheduled match.

(The European community can be found on irc.Quakenet.org.)

Last edited:

|wSp|KiLLaKeLLeR

Dec 15, 2009
My Server

Right now the server is setup for normal DM, 1v1-5v5 pug match normal weapons, and pug match insta and sniper, running various maps, no ctf, unless some player asks for it and running utpure and other mods-revenge/mapvotela13/qfeedback/fast weapon switch

the server ip is: 68.232.177.100:7777 and is in Chicago, Illinois( 15 slot, and I have a 15 slot teamspeak as well) all on the website
the website is to put together a competition team of unreal players but all are welcome, we offer dm training and trying to start maybe a ladder match and in the future matches for money through paypal.
THe irc channel we use is #irc.gameradius.com and #tdmpickups is the channel.
HOpe to see some of you there!

lovebug

Dec 26, 2009
Oh it was a great game!! Loved that 'Redeemer' gun and that deep manly voice that said "Double Kill, Multi Kill, Ultra Kill, M-m-m-monster Kill"!!

Unreal4Eva

BioHazard!
May 19, 2009
Happy Birthday UT. UT really kicks the Llamas a$$ (Halo) !
I don't like Halo or should I say: "Gaylo"?