Dragon Arena?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Just thinking about map ideas, not sure if anyone else has played the latest Mortal Kombat game, Deadly Alliance?
But basically that's the concept, except of course that's just a ring, i'm thinking more like a hot air balloon-esque setup! A huge dragon flyging through som nice, mountainous skybox or so, and strapped under neath him the arena, with ledges and walkways, possibly one of the walk ways spiralling up ontop of the dragon or so! The interior is uppose would be like a chinesedojo or so, wooden beams, papery walls maybe! But a very simplistic interior as the fighting should be done on the exterior, the procarious walkways and such! If the arena hung low enough from the dragon their could be a ring on the top of it as well! That's it though really!

That's a complicated idea though i understand! buts till!

Minister Fish

Apr 25, 2003
sfk.clanservers.com
Nahand said:
ok, ok. Is this a joke?...
I'm not sure if it's a joke or not, but a flying arena where you can look down and see terrain doesn't sound too bad of an idea. I would put the terrain in the skybox and the arena in it's own level so they can both be static and you wouldn't have to worry about movement of either one. It would just similate the flying movement.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Nahand said:
ok, ok. Is this a joke?...

Depends on your sernse of humour! It's an idea! Plain and simple!
I figured this section is where mappers came when they needed some literal inspiration! I provided an idea! if it's a funny one to you, laugh it up and consider it a joke!

I can't quite remember the name of the map, wit hthe mountain top and the castle, with the walkways! But, i suppose it'd be like that! Gameplay wise! With more aesthetics!

X22887

!Crap Mapper!
May 2, 2002
that nearly impossible for anyone that's not of professional quality, because....
1.it requires huge meshes of the dragon(w/ custom textures)
2. thes meshes must be set as looping movers to make it appear to be flying not floating (this would require many key frames)
3.custom colisions ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
4.projectors to make it seem lik the clouds are passing by
5. custom skybox textures (panning shaders aren't for noobs)
6.a mix of sunlight dynamic light and reg lights to acomidate the motion outdoors
7.custom meshes inside the asian meshes from epic only go so far(mapper joke)
8.poeple that good will never see your suggestion:)
9. Mortal Combat sucks Soul Caliber is better

I came across this post looking for a new map idea. This is VERY similar to a map I have done called DM-ODC-Alien-Assault-2010 (started in 2009). The main subtractive brush has 4 alien space crafts in it with game play available inside each ship and outside too. The sky box gives the effect the ships are floating & flying around in space. Not 1 mover used to create this effect so bots navigate as any other player can. It's a Freeze Tag map but your dragon map idea is possible and I may even start a beta version just for chits and giggles.

Last edited: