Pimp My Map/1337 Mappers Mapping Noob Maps Contest

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Well, it's one thread but I have two ideas. :lol: I'm quite inspired by the countless noob-maps I've seen everywhere and even in the threads in the main forums. Here's something I thought of for the noobs - or, rather, the back-part of the U-community. :lol:

---Pimp My Map---
When I say "Pimp My Map", I'm not necessarily requesting someone to help me map.

In MTV, there's this show called Pimp My Ride whereas some of the world's most ugly-looking mismanaged and neglected cars are turned into hot-n-sexy uber wheels. :lol:

Pimp My Map would basically be a mapping project with the same concept - find the most annoying, aggravating, hair-pulling noob map and... PIMP IT!!! Make it look like what it's meant to be!

---1337 M4pp3|25 M4pp1n6 N008 M4p5 C0n7357---
If you didn't understand that, you're not leet. :p Joke! The title means "Elite Mappers Mapping Noob Maps Contest" which is just brief enough to be self-explanable.

The contest rules are simple: build the noobiest map you can but it still should have the qualities of your own maps! But wait, this contest should only be exclusive to mappers who are rather too good in level design... (so it basically should attract those who have already achieved higher levels of mapping.)

Getting it to the point, think "DM-h4x0rcubeOfd43thlol" by KaMi or "CTF-BSPCubeHell" by milb!

---

Any say? ;)

Last edited:

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
... its a nice idea i had aswell before and that i'll do eventually, but not as part of a contest :) ...

I thought a better idea would be for noob mappers to present their maps to a panel of good mappers and have their maps "pimped" and remixed to look and play sexier. This could be good for a mapper who say...can pull a decent playing map but suck at visually making the map appealing. Or simply a flawed noob map on all fronts that needs desperate help.

Sound better?

milb

****** from Teen Arts
Feb 12, 2004
Germany
www.milb-maps.net
Thought its about n00bs getting their maps pimped by "good" mappers! Like pimpmyrid...
Dumb idea to build the most noobish map ever, don't you think?

Ironblayde

Director of Misanthropy
Feb 24, 2004
I read the original post several times and still find it completely incomprehensible. I thought he was suggesting what Mister_Prophet said, but apparently not. Someone help...

pseudosafari

Feb 16, 2004
I think this would be fun. I'm hardly leet but I think I could still do a decent job at tidying some maps up. Take those Melfunnel maps for example. I think it'd be interesting to make a nicely constructed MelFall with a good theme or something. ^.^. Of course because of the arguably justified hatred of funnel maps I'd have to do this under a different name...