Which is better to start learning Unreal 2 Runtime or UnrealEd 3?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mariol

Dec 3, 2008
Cambridge
I'm just starting to learn how to build levels with UnrealEd. I've got a copy of UnrealEd Runtime 2 but I was wondering is there any vast difference between that and UnrealEd 3? Should I learn with 2 because it'll be easier to learn with and then move to 3 or shall I just start with 3?

Mariol

Dec 3, 2008
Cambridge
Yeah I noticed. So if I buy Unreal 2004 and use the UnrealEd 3 from that I can use all the textures and everything that's used in the game?

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
It's easier to start out learning the UEd controls and then slowly getting into making your own content. Also, if you're going to map for a specific game, using that game's editor right away is a good idea.