Mod ideas (if ppl intereted maybe start it?)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

AB|Quarantine

Dec 7, 2000
Visit site
Hi eveybody.

I had ideas about starting a mod, but I dont know if anyone is intersted in it and all that stuff... so, basically, I decided to put ideas in this thread, and if enough peope will be intesrested we can form a team and start making this mod. I'm fairly experienced web desinger so acceptable page can be up very fast.

============================================================

So ideas... Basic idea is to blend Action (Q2, HL, UT) and rocket/clan arena. No idea is nto to plagiorise, but rather boroow ideas, and process. What do I mean by that?
Round based gameplay, where player has only one life, in teh beginning of the round players can choose their weapon and special item... this part is basiclly ripped off from AQ2 :)
However, no realism is intended: guns are to be Flacks, RLs, Shafts... idea is to bring togeather all the best guns from FPSs. Items, are a lot like runes, but less powerfull. One brand new "rune" will be Commander Rune -- unique (only 1 per team) rune, that give no benefits to its carrier, but all teammates who are near Commander Rune carrier will have their runes boosted.
Idea is to make fast paced slaughter with accent on teamplay.

Gun ideas:

Melee -- Q1's Axe? (stylish, hehe)
Doom's Chainsaw?

Sidearms -- UT's Akimbo Enforcers
Q1's Nail Gun

Primary -- Q1's RL/GL fusion
Q1's Shaft aka Lightning gun aka Thunderbolt
UT's Flack Cannon
U or UT's ASMD
Sniper Rifle (inaccure when not zoomed, 1 shot 1 kill)

Rune ideas:

Damage amp, Shiled, Regen, Vampire, Haste, Commander

Is anyone intereted in cheating such mode? Voice your ideas here!

stu84

SF Mapper
Dec 3, 2000
UK
www.geocities.com
nice mod idea!!!

hi
Its defaintly a cool idea. I especially like the DOOM Chainsaw!! its been awhile since i played with one of those. Im sure people would be interested in making it and playing it!
However i probarbly wouldnt be able to help in the editing side as I dont know much on it. I have started mapping , made a couple, the first being crap! but i feel im improving reasonably quickly. Anyway, it defianlty sounds like it has potential, maybe if you came up with a few of you own original weapons as well it would be cooler!!