Major UT3 Update Details

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
[SCREENSHOT]http://forums.beyondunreal.com/images/smilies/eek.gif[/SCREENSHOT]

Guess I'll have to give it a second chance. This is a major improvement.

Last edited:

Wunderbar_007

.Lateral Thought.
Nov 11, 2005
Montreal
Please, please, since apperantly this isn't the final fix list, could you please simplify the "add friend" process? There's got to be something you can do?

XeroWolf

Unreal Ninja
Jan 21, 2006
Grenada
Option to allow for custom characters to load at all times (no default characters, but may get hitches when new players join).
So no more DemoGuy?

I actually feel like playing UT3 again. It's like I'm on crack or something. The best part is there's more to come. I can't wait till it's done for real this time. :lol:

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
Holy sh!t!

/sexy announcer voice.

i was just about to say that myself :)

1st off -Thank You for continuing to pay attention and do something for UT3 and the UT franchise...

now if we can see advanced character modding help in the final like Voice menu in character selection, Voice Pack Support and Push for Custom Models from the Server.

oh, and don't forget a real Speech Binder. Please!

really looking forward to the new unannounced stuff - hope it all available (achievements and stuff on PC retail versions too of which i bought 3 copies) and hope its not just a new gametype (we dont need a new gametype, we just need the finished game!)

THX Epic!!!

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Eww. That's why they didn't release the Linux installer. Logical - there's no such thing as "my documents" in Linux, instead it's called /home/user/documents, and all programs go not into some Program Files, but into /home/user/.appname... Splitting into two would give absolutely nothing good... Windows FTL :tdown:
Sorry, wrong :)

The way it works now is much more like Linux. In Linux you would typically install something to /opt/games, /usr/local/games, or something of that nature, then all of your personal files would go in /home/username/.gamename/*. That's because you likely wouldn't (and probably shouldn't) have write access to the location that the game is installed in. Ever since the Unreal Linux installer came out it has worked this way for Linux Unreal games, because they are written by Ryan Gordon and he is not an idiot.

LG1X

Aug 16, 2008
*Added support for showing top weapon user in end of match scoreboard. This shows which player got the most kills with a particular weapon. If a player was the leader with more than one weapon, it picks the weapon he or she got the most kills with.

That's a good feature.

U

Unregistered

Can I repeat it again? :p Who cares how good game will be after the patch. It's just too late. If Epic wants to fix things, it should develop a new game. Period. What they're doing now is just an attempt to squeeze something out of the dead horse with limited budget.

Jerk

unbecoming

The Money U Could Be Saving W/out Barry
Jan 21, 2008
St.Louis,MO
wonderful news

The list looks impressive and it is good news,but are little things like swap fire mode per weapon too much to ask for?Am I the only one who has used that over the years?

At any rate even if the game ends up being patched (errr expanded) up to a polished state we still need players.All of it means nothing if it is not enough to sway players into giving it a second chance.

Lets hope it's enough and it in fact does everything the list claims.

Last edited:

Poker

Anus Retentus
Apr 17, 2006
I've wished for this new locker-style of weapon pickups/throws for years; it only makes all the sense in the world. Glad they finally got it right. :2thumb:

Ninjamuffin

Jan 28, 2009
I assume all of the 3.5 engine features are included, since without those it could hardly be called a proper update. Any more more info on this?

N

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
It's better late than never.

As I can see from more of the comments this is a good thing. I really want to pick UT3 up again but I find myself missing so many things from previous games. Hopefully when this update is released Midway may look at re-releasing the retail version so it's got the updates and pushing it a bit more, this way people like myself who currently own it will be able to spread good words out to people about it and they can pick it up.

Severin

Feb 8, 2008
Still no fix for the broken vehicle & 'static' defence turrets, one of my major Warfare gripes.