UT2k4ScoreRecovery_v2 - NEVER lose your stats again!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
Name: UT2k4ScoreRecovery_v2
Version: 2.0 (doh :p)

Whitelisting is still pending

Description:
Don't you just hate it you can't spectate for a sec, because you'd lose your stats? Don't you just hate it when you're playing on a server, rampaging on top of the list, suddenly get disconnected and re-entering the server within 5 seconds only to find yourself at the bottom of the list?
THE SOLUTION IS HERE! This mutator will recover any lost stats caused by spectating or disconnections during the match!

Features:
- 2 variables influencing the behaviour of this mutator:
+ DataTimeout (integer): this is the amount of time in second a player can return to the server as an active player and have his stats recovered after being disconnected. Entering and exiting spectator mode is not affected by this variable. 0 equals infinite time, default is 300 (5 minutes).
+ bRecoverAdrenaline (boolean): pretty self-explanatory. Default is true.
- Works both offline and online.

Bugs:
NONE! HAH! :D

Comments:
This mutator was built for gametypes not interfering with player stats. If you want to use this mutator with one that does anyway, rather ask the mod authors to support stat recovery within the gametype.

Credits:
- UnrealWiki for the great Unrealscript feedback.
- John 'Shambler' Barrett for the initial project.
- James 'The_Head' Farthing for testing it and with that getting kicked from my testserver all the time. :p
- Robin 'Jrubzjeknf' van Olst (me ;)) to code the whole damn thing.

Homepage:
None, email address is rrvanolst (at) hotmail (dot) com

Download: (mirrors please!)
- Download
- UT4E Mirror - Provided by [NBS]Flak (thx!! :D)
- Unreal.ie Mirror - Provided by zoro (you too thx!! :D)
- lp2k4 mirror - Provided by Smaz (and again, thx!! :D)

Last edited:

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
I'd be curious to see how this effects things like TDM.

Player A is the lead scorer but drops

Meanwhile, Player B joins in his place

Then, Player A rejoins

Now the totals won't match the score. Will this cause problems?

I'm just concerned that this may be exploited in some way.

Other than the one dude testing it on your server, what kind of beta testing has this gone through?

Has it been tested with a full server, with continuous people coming and going?

What gametypes has this been tested for?

Does this only work if ye leaves the server but stay logged onto the game, or can a player leave the game and re-enter the server while retaining his stats?

What if the PC is rebooted?

Don't get me wrong, Pal. I'm not bagging on your mod. I haven't tried it for myself, but I'm hoping good things for it. I'm a Business Analyst in real life, so I'm used to looking at all the "what if" scenerios.

It's a great idea, though, so I hope it holds up. :)

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Well, the totals get off anyway when people drop from TDM games as it is, and that doesn't affect the end result, aside from the team losing a point for the "suicide." At least, I think they lose a point; I've never actually paid that much attention to it.

I guess this is a good idea... Damn stat whores. :p

m&ms

Melts in your mouth, not in your hand.
Jul 13, 2003
in a bag....duh
Visit site
Wow I have to try this in some of the small DM games we play. Imagine joining right away, getting like 30-40 points in the first 10 minutes or so, then spectating. All the other players are like "woohoo!", but I come back with like 3 seconds left 4tw!

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
Renegade Retard said:
I'd be curious to see how this effects things like TDM.

Player A is the lead scorer but drops

Meanwhile, Player B joins in his place

Then, Player A rejoins

Now the totals won't match the score. Will this cause problems?

Scores are saved to satisfy individuals and keeping their scores intact. Whether this affects teamplay in a bad way, is not up to me.

Other than the one dude testing it on your server, what kind of beta testing has this gone through?

Has it been tested with a full server, with continuous people coming and going?

3 guys, including me. It hasn't gone through severe betatesting, but the situation you're describing practically only happen during the start and the end of the game and the mutator won't check people during those periods. Someone losing their stats because of 'spammy' logging in and out, will be incidental if not non-existant. I'd be honoured if this was used on the next FragBU. Then you can also test it if you like. Be sure to demorec it. :)

What gametypes has this been tested for?

All stock, including AS with it's special stats (objectives etc).

Does this only work if ye leaves the server but stay logged onto the game, or can a player leave the game and re-enter the server while retaining his stats?

What if the PC is rebooted?

Stat saving is done by GUID. Only if the player would exit, change his cd-key and reconnect to the server, he won't get his stats back.

Don't get me wrong, Pal. I'm not bagging on your mod. I haven't tried it for myself, but I'm hoping good things for it. I'm a Business Analyst in real life, so I'm used to looking at all the "what if" scenerios.

And I'm here to make sure those scenerios won't occur. Besides, I prefer having critical posts that "WOOTAGE!!!!!!1111oneone11". So thank you for that. :)

It's a great idea, though, so I hope it holds up. :)

I'm sure it will. :D

---------------------------

Downloads updated: mirror provided by [NSB]Flak :D

m&ms

Jul 13, 2003
in a bag....duh
Visit site
Just a quick question: has this been tested with utcomp warmup mode? I could easily see a player leaving just before warmup mode is about to end and then coming back after the game starts and keeping their score, depending of course on how the coding is handled.

ALG

Gallardo
Jul 26, 2005
WI, with the other pro gamers
MMs 2 things:

1. When you leave a TDM match your score is not subtracted from the team score, so you leaving then coming back at the end 4tw wouldn't work (unless I am completely misunderstanding what your saying, which is probably true).

2. You don't get points in warmup mode, or rather if you do they are reduced to 0 within 1-2 seconds.

Mod guy:
1. Cool idea.
2. Thanks for thinking to test for AS. I love you just for the thought.

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
ALG said:
1. When you leave a TDM match your score is not subtracted from the team score, so you leaving then coming back at the end 4tw wouldn't work (unless I am completely misunderstanding what your saying, which is probably true).
He was talking about FFA.

m&ms

Jul 13, 2003
in a bag....duh
Visit site
Ya, I was referring to FFA. But the question still remains. Actually now that you've reminded me of that, the player might actually come back in and have -1 because of his suicide when he went to spec.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Skold said:
This mod will rock if it gives m's -20 every time he lands a shot.
It would be funnier if it didn't do that till after the game was over, so he'd be like "omg i'm so gonna win!" then subtract it at the end and go "wtf just happened??!" :lol:

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
Have you tested this with JB? I believe it already includes this feature, and the two could conflict.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Haarg said:
Have you tested this with JB? I believe it already includes this feature, and the two could conflict.
I think it did mention that it was for gametypes that don't do that already. Not a problem, though, since mutators can be set on a per-gametype basis :)