CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Oh dear god LOL.

Biggest ambush rape ever.

Attachments

• shot0019.png
    shot0019.png
    1,010.9 KB · Views: 71

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Get a real gun, dude :D

Techno is still a newbie. Although so is my friend (DorkRocker on the server last night) and he was tearing it up.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Prestige mode is a bummer in and of itself. You reach the level cap and....! Oh, yeah, you start over, with a new icon. Whoop-de-doo.

Personally I'd like to have a rank/level that appears really low even though I rape at the game so people don't expect anything coming.

Sleeper mode > Prestige mode :D

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Get a real gun, dude :D

Lol. That's basically a step back to UT2004 where the shock rifle was overused for it's efficiency. I'm just going to use it because I am doing well with it. ;)

Guns like the MP44, M14, Snipers I can do with. Plus, my playing style is demanding a SMG.

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
I swear some people have more fun whining than playing...

30w3t6h.gif

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
That's retarded. COD4 spawns you nearest the "safest" player afaik, which could be literally anywhere in the map, including right in front of you. What are you supposed to do? Not shoot and then die?

I admit it's pretty rough when you get backed into a corner just far enough so that the spawn doesn't pop, but if you do get in that position it's likely that you and/or your team just got out-played and need to suck it up and fight your way out.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
That's retarded. COD4 spawns you nearest the "safest" player afaik, which could be literally anywhere in the map, including right in front of you. What are you supposed to do? Not shoot and then die?

I admit it's pretty rough when you get backed into a corner just far enough so that the spawn doesn't pop, but if you do get in that position it's likely that you and/or your team just got out-played and need to suck it up and fight your way out.

:stupid:

Also, what tends to happen a lot is you get people on your own team camping but it spawns you in an open area near them, and that's where the enemies just happen to be looking.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Gamers are angsty and many suffer from unskilled and unaware syndrome.

I got noobed so hard last night. It was a 2v2 and my teammate decided to camp on top of one of the buildings with a .50-cal sniper rather than do something useful. While I ended up racking up 40 or so kills, he had like 3.

Anyway, at some point he goes, "I think someone's in the building I'm in. I heard them awhile ago." So I head over there and crouch around the first floor. I don't see anyone so I proceed upstairs to the second floor. Again I don't see anyone, so I head upstairs again and peek out at the roof, look around for a second, and turn to go back downstairs. BAM. Knife right to my forehead.

Apparently they had been crouched and following behind me for quite some time. :)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Spawn killing in which map, and player count? Spawn killing can't be avoided anyway. It just happens, and it sucks. Sometimes a player can spawn behind a enemy.

By the way, I heard there's a way to record in game to save demo files, I tried and it didn't work (Demo files are saved, I just can't play them). Anyone else got that working right?
http://forum.battle.no/index.php?showtopic=22858&mode=threaded

And what about colored text? I want a "lolol noobtube" macro.

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
It was on Crash on a 32 player server, I think it was almost full. But yeah they were all just bunched up in the top corner of the map (where the raised car in the garage is). Their fault for not pushing forward more than anything. :)

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
It was on Crash on a 32 player server, I think it was almost full. But yeah they were all just bunched up in the top corner of the map (where the raised car in the garage is). Their fault for not pushing forward more than anything. :)

Perfect example of how it happens. That map has a lot of bad spots like that. If your team gets stuck there, it is hard to get out. Tough titty for them, though.