Jak and Daxter

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
I bought Jak and Daxter for the PS2 on Saturday, and I've practically been playing it ever since. The game is so addictive, I was up until 5:00AM last night playing and didn't even realize it. It's one of the best platformers I've ever played. Right up there with Mario 64.

Basically, you've got 2 main characters: Jak, the hero, and his unwilling sidekick, Daxter, who is tragically transformed into a furry merekat-like creature at the begining of the game when he accidentally falls into a pool of Dark Eco (Eco is the energy of life), and subsequently spends the rest of the game perched on Jak's shoulder providing advise and comic relief, and attempting to impress Keira, the Green Sage's daughter, who just so happens to have a crush on Jak. You begin your quest in search of the Great Sage Gol Acheron, who is the only man capable of changing your friend back to his true form, but things meander off shortly thereafter.

As far as the game's graphics are concerned, they're some of the best around. Unlike Mario 64 or the Crash Bandicoot series, the entire game world is rendered on the fly, allowing you to go anywhere at any point in the game without load times (I've been all over the island, and haven't experienced so much as a stutter). Climb a high mountain, and you can litterally see every area in the game. The draw distance is absolutely unbelievable. The voice acting and character animation is phenomonal as well. Each character's lines are delivered perfectly, and their lips and body language precisely match the words they're speaking.

If you like platformers like Mario 64 or Crash Bandicoot, you owe it to yourself to pick up a copy of Jak and Daxter. You won't be dissapointed. I've been playing it for almost 2 days straight, and I'm still less than half way through.

jakanddaxter_screen013.jpg

jakanddaxter_screen012.jpg

jakanddaxter_screen008.jpg

jakanddaxter_screen014.jpg

jakanddaxter_screen015.jpg

jakanddaxter_screen017.jpg

jakanddaxter_screen020.jpg

jakanddaxter_screen019.jpg

-Keiichi

Last edited:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Whee! That game looked great in the preview-videos ...
that Daxter-thing did some funny dances in those :)

if I'm lucky it's available here too :D

JaFO

Nov 5, 2000
Originally posted by STW Max Sterling
It is, Rimmerlister ... at least in France ....
sjees, can't you spell my name ? CTRL-C & CTRL-V should be on anyone's keyboard ;)

Anyways I'm going to the store to see for meself today.
/me feels like buying PS2-games even though I haven't finished GTA3 or Burnout or SSX Tricky (which r cool games too btw ;))

... The game is so addictive, I was up until 5:00AM last night playing and didn't even realize it. ...
yikes, maybe I should wait ... I want to finish that new gametype too

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
Sorry .....
What are those CTRL-C and CTRL-V you're talking about ?

JaFO

Nov 5, 2000
This is one funny little game ...
altough I think it's pretty short too as I'm at 25% already ...

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is so last week, Pickle. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I bought that game at Funco/GameStop the day it came out and played through it the following weekend. It's a fantastic game, but once you beat it, there's virtually no reason to play it again.

Nothing beats stripping off your clothes and running through the dungeons naked, especially as the sorceress. :eek: ;)

-Keiichi

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
To unlock Drizzt, you have to first beat the game on Easy, Normal, or Hard. That will unlock Gauntlet mode. Once you beat that, it will unlock the Extreme difficulty setting, which you must then complete in order to unlock Drizzt.

-Keiichi

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
/Max walks in with Alastor, throws it to Keiichi and meanwhile shoots Ebony&Ivory to BP, getting a "Stylish" rank
:D
Yes, Devil May Cry has finally been released in France :D

JaFO

Nov 5, 2000
You can only play with yourself ... *eh* I mean it is singleplayer only :D