Marathon 2: Durandal

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dano3000

Apr 28, 2000
Hick part of Arizona
Well, I recently decided to fire up the old Mac Performa 6230CD and install all three marathon games (hey theyre classics no matter where you come from)
And all i had to say was, "WOW".
That game is one of the best games i have played in a long long time, and i only wish that one new game could meet up to former company Bungies quality.
Anywho, DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I COULD DOWNLOAD A FULL VERSION OF THIS GAME THAT COULD WORK ON MY 98SE!!!!
all suggestions on where to find this prize are welcome.

any one notice this ;)

halo-1.jpg

and with a some modest Paint Shop skills we hightlight here... and...
halo-2.jpg

gee.... whats that sign?

ElectricSheep

Tommy Vegas
May 11, 2000
Newark, DE
Other connections:

That same symbol is worn prominantly on Captain Keyes' uniform.
That same symbol is even more prominantly plastered across the side of the Pillar of Autumn.

The Master Cheif in Halo is an engineered soldier (cyborg) donning a Mjolnir Mark V battlesuit (modified to have shielding). The player in the Marathon series is an engineered soldier (cyborg) donning a Mjolnir Mark IV battlesuit.

Listen to what the grunts and crewmen say when under fire...

ElectricSheep

Tommy Vegas
May 11, 2000
Newark, DE
And on the subject of sequels (it is marathon <em>2</em>):

Halo 2 is all but announced. The foreshadowing, plot holes, and ending cinematic basically guarantee it. Those who were dissappointed with Halo, consider:

Look at Marathon 2 compared to Marathon 1.
Look at Myth II: Soulblighter compared to Myth: The Fallen Lords.

What conclusions might we draw as far as the quality of Halo 2 vs. Halo?

There <em>is</em> a PC version in the works. Excecutive producer of Halo, Alexander Seropian, has confirmed this himself (confirmed the existance of a Mac version, specifically). Also remember that Bungie East has a habit of releasing developing tools with its games, ar at the least makes it <em>very</em> easy to modify thier games.

In the meantime, I'm having hella good fun with co-op Legendary (Jesus Christ, the enemies fight like <em>me</em> now, only there are a LOT more of them!!!), Four-way rocket fests with Crazy King (bodies fly EVERYWHERE), and, of course, vehicular pigeon shooting (One Scorpian Tank, one Warthog, one Ghost: Position Ghost in front of tank; run Warthog at high speed into ghost; try to pick the now flipping and soaring Warthog + driver out of the air with Scorpian cannon; watch bodies and vehical flip away from explosion deliciously; repeat as necessary)

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
There was a whole Glyph thing on www.bungie.org. They figured them out with hints from an annonymous bungie employ to form the words Arrival.

http://arrival.bungie.org links to a site with a log in. I don't think the login info has been found yet. All the annonymous person did mention was that it did somehow have to relate to the Marathon series... ;)

Bungie is a cool company...my dad's company was going to do some stuff for them a long while back. They ended up not, but my dad got to chat with a few of them. I forget his name...one of the lead programmers for the first 2 or 3 marathons. I think he works at either IBM, Apple or MS now...I forget.

I went to Macworld back in 96 or 95? I forget...whenever it was in Boston in the Bayside Expo Center. This was during the release of Myth 1 or 2 and the Marathon Trilogy (they had a big stampede because the first person there won stuff....guards didn't like it :p). Got to chat with a few of them and even traded my dad's product for the Marathon Trilogy :p Pretty cool.

(these were back in the days when PowerComputing had their huge ass MacWorld displays :p)

Ohh...the good old days.

CAVERNA2K

Look, a fliing something!!!!!
Mar 12, 2001
www.geocities.com
Is there an emulator for Xbox? - I mean, like there is one for PS and PS@: you just need the game´s cd and the emulator to get on with it.

If there is, I think it´s a very good idea to post it somewhere where we all can see; ´cause i found Halo ISO over the net - eDonkey and KaZaA, most especificaly.