Rukee, Need some help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Since you have access to forums that i dont care to sign up for to just ask 1 question that people will totally ignore me about because im a n00b...i would like you to use your resources and check this out for me.

I, amongst others have an issue with my A7N8X mobo.
Latest bios, latest mobo drivers.

Problem: CD burner (Sony CD-RW CRX175A1) will not burn higher than 8x on any cd-r with out my whole system going choppy. Its so bad that if I try to burn any faster it drains the "used read buffer" and the "recorder buffer level/state" goest down to absolute zero. It pauses after that.... then goes up to 100% on both counts...and does it all over again. This turns a normal 8x burn of 8 minutes into a 10-25 min burn session.

Here is the catcher. I have a dvd drive connected to the same ide cord as the slave to the cdr drive and it operates fine. It registers as an udma device...while the cdr device is seen as an pio device. I can change it to an udma device..but that always resets on restart.

I know for a fact that this cdr works up to 24x perfectly because Irecently dragged out my old A7V mobo with the old sdram and 1ghz cpu.

I cannot find any documentation on this problem. Other people on Futurmark forums have had this problem, but they have totally given up and went back to a Via mobo because of this. There has to be a better option.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Looks like uninstalling the secondary ide nforce driver worked...it installed the default driver and now it looks like its in udma mode.
I have yet to test it though.

Thx

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
/me does happy dance

great, I`ll let those guys know it worked...always like to follow up with things that work to help others who might be reading the threads. :tup:

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Yeah and today i had a cd that had a small crack in it totally explode in my cdrom. No more q3 for me.
Ill post pics in about a month...when i can afford it LOL

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
Sorry to bump this old thread but I had this problem. I didn't think to check for this since I was getting crappy performance on my DVDrom not my cd writer. On the dvd rom, it took around 1-2 mins to extract and encode a 3 min song to mp3. Playing dvds was just impossible (though I hadn't tried that till today). Now I fixed the problem by uninstalling the ide driver and it takes around 8-9 seconds to extract and encode a 3 min mp3 :tup:
Thanks a lot for the info. Yuo saved my life :)