World of Warcraft? more like World of Jihad Recruitment

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
am I right fellas?
I told you those nerds were up to no good...

...from 2008 say that the NSA and the UK’s GCHQ agencies planted agents inside MMOs like World of Warcraft and Second Life. The document, called Exploiting Terrorist Use of Games & Virtual Environments, was published this week, and tells tales of the spy agencies trying to track down terrorist communications through each of the games. Eventually, Xbox Live was considered a possible means for terrorist contact as well.

“Terrorists use online games – but perhaps not for their amusement,” it says. “They are suspected of using them to communicate secretly and to transfer funds.”
The idea was that games like World of Warcraft and Second Life could be used as under the radar avenues for communication between terrorist, and even help transfer funds.

“Al-Qaida terrorist target selectors and … have been found associated with Xbox Live, Second Life, World of Warcraft, and other GVEs [Games and Virtual Environments],” the document says. “Other targets include Chinese hackers, an Iranian nuclear scientist, Hizballah, and Hamas members.”
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...-nsa-planted-agents-inside-world-of-warcraft/

http://swampland.time.com/2013/12/09/report-nsa-snoops-online-video-games/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/09/nsa-world-of-warcraft_n_4413914.html

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
its more likely than you think!

I heard that Al-Qaida used Battlefield 2 to train their troops. Clearly the Battlefield franchise supports people who hate freedom.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
its more likely than you think!

I heard that Al-Qaida used Battlefield 2 to train their troops. Clearly the Battlefield franchise supports people who hate freedom.
Every reputable terrorist organization trains their troops with America's Army for the extra luls and bonus street cred.

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Cuz IRC r 2 hard amirite?
aw shit. I forgot, IRC is where all the cool people hang out.
and I want to emulate the cool people's behavior so that I may - in turn - also be counted as cool by association. dang :(

Because everyone is a potential terrorist :mad::D
to be perfectly fair, World of Warcraft can be used to cultivate/exchange virtual currency that can be transacted into real-world money in a completely anonymous fashion. gold mining is probably not funding any Jihad's though. somehow I doubt that serious terrorists are using WoW or Second Life for this purpose.

but it's out there.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
to be perfectly fair, World of Warcraft can be used to cultivate/exchange virtual currency that can be transacted into real-world money in a completely anonymous fashion. gold mining is probably not funding any Jihad's though. somehow I doubt that serious terrorists are using WoW or Second Life for this purpose.

but it's out there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawala except there's no need for using WoW when there's an older and proven islamic method to exchange money.

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
oh.
see I was afraid that my posting was under attack because said posting is apparently for suckers these days.
you know, seeing as to how the forum is "dying" everywhere I turn :gonk:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I'm dying too...I'M DEAD...
thanks to World of Warkaal
KAAAAAAL KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
ugh...my head..what have I just read
Oh, this is certainly one big pile of bullcrap.