feedback

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DavidM

Designer
Oct 28, 1999
www.muenni.ch
hmmm, tested it.......for 10 minutes or so

its totally unplayable due to the camera moving as fast as a rotten snail
and I hardly see my units from some distance (and they spawn in a pillar of the building)

if that stuff is fixed it could actually be playtested, but atm it's unplayable for me

barnEbiss

Jul 8, 2001
uskaarj.beyondunreal.com
yah the collision needs fixed on some of the buildings

About mouse speed
We will be adding in a setting to allow the player to set the mouse scroll speed under preferences.

And about being unable to see units.
Yah they are bit hard to see and we will also be adding a feature in that will place a marker above units.

All these things will be added in a fix soon ;)

Last edited:

DavidM

Designer
Oct 28, 1999
www.muenni.ch
team-color-marker please

i am scrolling with WASD, it should be scrollen 10 times as fast when I am holding a certain button while doing it
...at least i would design it that way

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
Thanks for the inputs DavidM. Always good to see some good feedback from a qualified individual.

As Barn stated, the scroll speed will be modified and some other additional fixes will be included. We have some more work to do and I'm going to be pushing the team to jump into the UT2003/UT2004 engine soon. The latest engines will premit us to incorporate more features.

Keep the feedbacks coming!

barnEbiss

Jul 8, 2001
uskaarj.beyondunreal.com
Heya Proph its good to cya on the forum again :)

As Proph said we are busy fixing things, we also have a coder now that is seeing if he can fix the AI moving down ramps bug, and other AI bugs ;)
Krash is right now on a camping trip but when he gets back he will start work again on the scroll speed and other things ;)
And when we move over to Utk3 the mod will really shine :)
There is so much more that we can do on the new engine that we can’t do on UT.
And as proph said ;)
Keep the feedbacks coming!

Xzibit

Feb 1, 2000
Visit site
Ok... I tested the Mod here...

I like custom User & UT.ini... I hate those Total Conversions that don't have them. But... hehehe... I could find a [SlaveMaster.SlaveMenuItem] there... oh, heheh... I like this Mod also ;)

Ok, and then I opened the .BAT file. I don't know if you have really to use a .BAT, as the lastest version of UMOD Wizard has support for Links w/ command lines...

And then, I created a game (Alone, you know... just to test it). When I entered the game, I was lost with the Camera... It was above the ground, near a building... and then, I learned some keys to change the camera. Apart from the looooow movements, it's ok... You can zoom, change the rotation... that's great.

I started the match full of resources, of course... and I think it's a bit... exagerated the fact that you can create buildings instantly. I thought an unit (probably, the Nali) would build them...

I built verything in a few seconds, and then I started creating some units (actually, all them at once). I found it cool that you can dodge the incoming projectiles (think that I ordered my Titan to kill my SkaarjWarrior, while I was controling it... very cool, I could dodge the stones, fire and run! Hehehe...

It's really nice all the things you've done so far... the whole changes in the engine... but I don't know.

The HUD is a bit... sad. I know I can make it disappear with a keypress, but... I'd like to see something like in the standard RTS's (Maybe you could use a space in the Screen to display Buldings/Units information).

Also, is there a key to cycle through your units??? I'd find it useful (specially because the units are small and the building... huge, so you can't locate them easily).

Another things that I found weird is... when I selected an unit and pressed the "attack" button. I thought it wasn't working, because you got no reply by doing that (like... no screen messages like "select the target", neither the mouse changes)... but ok. Cool, the units can attack themselves... I like that.

And... maybe you should use a different way to detect the collision radius/height of the things... cuz it's not working very well. Maybe you could do the following: when you put your mouse over an unit, a "clicking field" is added to it temporarily... which you can see, of course (something transparent around it), and you could click this field to select the unit.

And then, cheating time. I tried doing a "summon warshell", which didn't work... hehehe. And then... God, Allammo... Suicide! ****, the last one worked... hehehe.

Good job, folks!

barnEbiss

Jul 8, 2001
uskaarj.beyondunreal.com
When you were playing, were you playing against another player or just by yourself?
The cursor will only turn red when it is over an enemy unit.

We are working on making it so a player can set the mouse scroll speed to what ever speed they want like in a real RTS :)
And yah when we are done, buildings are going to have a build time before you can place them, like in command and conquer and later when we move over to uskaarj2k3 units will build the buildings

Also do you know how to give units waypoint movement orders??
Or how to bind units to a key, or about the zoom command?

GreenMaster

Jan 21, 2004
how does i do .....

how can i command my units? and how can i gather resorces? i don´t have more then 3 commands. (move, stop, attack) right-click menü doesn´t work. or don´t come down/up the screen.

(sorry for my bad english. i´m from germany)

[RLF]Beowulf

Nov 22, 2003
You cannot gather resources atm(at the moment).
I fear the UT version won't get worked on any more by the devs because they develop USkaarj][ for UT2003/2004 now.
Read all which is supplied and just try things out.
You can group units and bind those to a number and give them waypoints.

GreenMaster

Jan 21, 2004
cool. can someone send me an email if the demo is ready to download? i´m not everyday on this site. thanks