zoning troubles (UT99)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

flmg.tstcls

Mar 4, 2008
To get zone locations you simply add a zone info, or water, lava, ect to a zone and edit the zone location string to what you want the zone to be called in game, correct?

The above methode has worked for me previously in other maps, but right now it's not working...

looks as though UED sees the different zones, and I don't know what else to try.

cd11ug2.jpg

16MentalTempest

Out to lunch.
Mar 31, 2008
First of all, what's not working? When you enter the zone does it do nothing, or does the pain zone at the bottom (that's what I assume) leak into the rest of the map? I don't know much about the editor, but you could probably try rebuilding the whole map or moving the sheet seperating the zones.

While I'm here, I've had similar problems. My map has a huge canyon and I was trying to put a river in the bottom where if you fall in, it kills you. Maybe it was the jagged edges or something, but after editing the map some more, I found that the editor did not recognize the zone even after building, plus I found a huge hole in the side of my map.

flmg.tstcls

Mar 4, 2008
What wasn't working was the location strings. I wanted red base to pop up next to the text in team say, and blue base, ect.

the screen shot was to show that there is no leek, there are seperate zones in the map.

The problem was I had multiple zone info actors around the map, more than one in the same zone seems to cancel themselves out. I wasn't trying to have multiple zone info actors either, I just missed them, and forget to delete them when I added new ones.

sorry bout your problem, I don't know how to help with that.