Brush builder reques!! Desperate!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RFairey

King of the Faireys
Aug 2, 2000
Somewhere Else
Visit site
To get a torus shape, you can just use the 2d shape editor, draw out the cross section and hit the revolve button.

The problem you have with your spirals is that the sloped sections are no longer planar polygons - you need to split each one into two triangles, since triangles are always planar. Non-planar polys are virtually guaranteed to cause nasty BSP issues. Splitting polys is not really possible in UED - they have to be there from the start. You could try making the spiral from a load of tesselated cubes (a cube with each face divided in to tris - you just select the 'tessellated' option from the cube dialog). You could vertex edit that into shape, and if you got it just right could probably duplicate the same shape and fit it together with the others to make a spiral. This isn't ideal tho.

To get spiral shapes, I find the best tool to use is tarquins extrude brush builder - you need to enter the cross section vertices numerically, and then define an extrude path in your case a spiral. You can work out the points you need with some basic math. You can get the brush builders from tarquins's link at the bottom of the forum front page.

tdwkillgasm

[[Iillegal userR]]]
Jun 5, 2003
uk
Visit site
ahhh yea i have the same problem! i think neway, because its hard to tell from that nasty screenie, you cant se anythin!

i tried doin each segment of the brush separately aswell and that didn't work, surely there's gotta be a better way of doin it than doin the brush in a different program!

here's the link to my problem ;)

ja8t3d

May 15, 2004
here ya go

if you follow the instructions for install Tarquins Builder Brushes they will work in UT2004 you just have to run ucc with the "make" command from a command prompt

or just use the attached zip

Attachments

• tarquinbrushbuilderpack100a.zip
    23.8 KB · Views: 62