Somthing strange but could be of use to all mappers!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gullonefox

TBUILDT Webmaster/Mapper
Nov 27, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Last night i was working on my map (as always :))
and i started adding the town into the remargen maps, now i'll start from the begining...

When i built the bridge i added towers each end as they are on the real one.. but when a bot would go to the window of the tower on the other side of the bridge i could see him through the wall only when he went to the back did he disapear!!???

But this problem i noticed on ctf_faceworlds
in the mid sniper area of the buildings... now heres the strange bit!!
As soon as i started adding the town into my map the problem went and now the tower looks solid, as it should do!

So maybe adding a bit extra to your map might get rid of probs like thease?? i mean you dont have to make it part of your map as such, just edgeing(for effect!)

funkstylz

I CLEAN TEH LATRINE
Mar 15, 2000
Bris. QLD, Oz
www.funkstylz.com
Thats pretty common actually...CTF_Face has a BSP issue or two, which is prolly what you had. Adding stuff to the world tends to recaculate a few bits and pieces, and can fix that prob. A rebuild probably would have worked as well.

sig.gif

Groove is in the heart...fool