UT3 DM-HardFall [FINAL]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SuperAlgae

Tritoxa incurva
Aug 10, 2005
Map name: HardFall
Game type: DM / TDM
Version: 1.0
Players: 6 - 12
Requirements: UT3 (no bonus packs required)
Released: 15 June 2010

Download:
(only PC right now. I will build for PS3 if requested.)

download from Mapraider
download from Game-Maps.net
download from UT-Files
download from Dropbox

Screenshots:

Installation:

Unzip DM-HardFall.zip

Move all files into C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps

If the directory does not exist, create it manually.

Type "open DM-HardFall" in the console, or select the level in a multiplayer/instant action game.

Credits:

• BeyondUnreal. Since the early days of the first Nali City, QAPete and the others have provided an invaluable resource to myself and the Unreal community.
  • stevelois. Your continuous help was critical to making the map what it is.
  • {BFG}Bl!tz~ for your positive comments, constructive criticism, and help in online testing.
  • Thrallala for your keen eyes and ears.
  • Diesalot for your comments on RC5. Like last-minute frags, last-minute comments still count! :)
  • Grogan for your enthusiastic feedback.
  • SkaarjMaster, Godfrey.Payans, WedgeBob, Lord PorkSword, Rulaman, and Odedge for your feedback and encouragement.
  • 3D Buzz and their Old School UT3 Contest. That contest provided a much-needed injection of life into the UT3 community and was a great opportunity for mappers to share ideas and techniques.
  • Pharion, Joker, and Twrecks for your repeated help early-on in the 3D Buzz forums.
  • Kunakai, apoisonedgift, Mtg_Kirin, and XYZ8000 for your feedback and encouragement.
  • Many others on the BeyondUnreal, UOF, and 3D Buzz forums.
  • Members of the Unreal community that put in so much effort and ask for little in return.
  • Epic for making some of the greatest games/toolsets and for their ongoing support of the Unreal community.

Story:

Thanks to some seats Liandri acquired on the local antiquities board, they were able to gain rights to a historic building in sprawling downtown Akron. Its rooftop garden along with adjacent buildings made a perfect opportunity for some cross-rooftop jump-pad madness. But if you don't like the idea of flying across urban canyons, don't worry. The rooftops have plenty of less precarious areas as well.

Development Threads:

http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=167492
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=180996
http://unrealoldfriends.activeboard.com/index.spark?aBID=132572&p=3&topicID=35565656

Other Release Threads:

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=733156
http://unrealoldfriends.activeboard.com/index.spark?aBID=132572&p=3&topicID=36507015

See the included file DM-HardFall-Readme.txt for more information such as technical details.

Last edited:

stevelois

Aug 31, 2009
stevelois.com
I must say this is the most impressive UT3 map that take place on this type of environnement. I've test many maps like this (fighting on rooftop) & didn't kept even one of them. Matches on building roofs isn't new but the way you made it is well done & unique.

The BSP work is very well done & the mix with the meshes is extremely well made. You reach a good balance between BSP & meshing.

There is a lot of nice details & stuff going on in this map. Some call me Mr. details. Just to name some obvious one; I Like the shacking machine & the flickering light in the radio building, the blue / red lights which shows the powerups (udamage / bezerk) availability, the moving cars on the streets below, the pp effect when falling from the building, the trigered sounds when using the jumpads between the buildings, even the subtle sound change when your landing in the pool from the long jump from the radio building.

All armors are well placed & the risk vs. reward is also well thinked. I specially like the different ways of collecting the belt ;)

There are others nice features. The gameplay / flow / atmosphere is damn nice & everything sound & feel harmonious (visuals / sounds / music / atmosphere / etc).

Last changes (sun flare, bird sounds, enhanced materials & BSP shadows, etc) are top & couldn't be better :)

I must say THX for taking into consideration most of my suggestions if not all I've made trough the numerous Betas / RC versions into this final. I'm very happy :D

The readme is very interesting to read.

This is another top map to add into your collection :D

THX also for the nice credits ;)

Awesome work Jesse !

SuperAlgae

Tritoxa incurva
Aug 10, 2005
Thanks everyone... especially stevelois for that detailed ringing endorsement! :) You and the others that posted comments deserve a lot of credit for your help. I can't even count the number of things I would have overlooked without your feedback.

Luv_Studd

Aug 17, 1999
VT
Visit site
how long have you been working on that map? Seems like when I left the scene in 08, you had a beta going on ;)

looks really nice, glad you stuck with it.

SuperAlgae

Tritoxa incurva
Aug 10, 2005
I initially started it two years ago. Since then there have been some times when I have worked heavily on it and other times when I did not touch it for months. I learned a lot along the way and had fun, though I am glad to be done with it. After taking some time to put towards non-UT projects, I may do another UT3 map, but it will probably be a speed map (10-20 hrs effort) to force me into better time allocation.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I can't really say much more than I said before in the other thread and what stevelois has said in this one. I'm just glad it's finally done.:)

moonflyer

Jun 2, 2003
Shanghai,China
lichong.blogbus.com
I initially started it two years ago. Since then there have been some times when I have worked heavily on it and other times when I did not touch it for months. I learned a lot along the way and had fun, though I am glad to be done with it. After taking some time to put towards non-UT projects, I may do another UT3 map, but it will probably be a speed map (10-20 hrs effort) to force me into better time allocation.

I totally understand;)

The map looks very nice, I am going to download this one!