Left 4 Dead

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
I have a concern with this game for Versus.

The best way for me to get in a game is to get in a game lobby. Otherwise I mostly join a team who's getting raped and all I can see is a Hunter over me with the whole team apart of it. FUN! Then I stay in the game and I realize I'm teamed with a bunch of 12 years old full of themselves who just got this game versus a bunch of elites who actually play together as a team.

Screw this. Anyway to get right to the point, I'm bored of the lack of maps, and how every ****ing time the game start we start at the beginning of the chapter. It's getting boring and repetitive when there's a lot more to this game.

The way to solve this would be a random act pick or something. And of course more acts and ETC. We don't give a damn about campaign start in Versus, we just want to play, survive/hunt.

That is why I mostly play, when I can play with the guys on IRC. The game is fun with random people, but it gets repetitive. It is much better when you know the people, and you are on voice with them.

About the choosing chapter deal, I am pretty sure you can do that, atleast in singleplayer. I know that it is doable if you are an admin.

I have a concern with this game for Versus.

The best way for me to get in a game is to get in a game lobby. Otherwise I mostly join a team who's getting raped and all I can see is a Hunter over me with the whole team apart of it. FUN! Then I stay in the game and I realize I'm teamed with a bunch of 12 years old full of themselves who just got this game versus a bunch of elites who actually play together as a team.

Screw this. Anyway to get right to the point, I'm bored of the lack of maps, and how every ****ing time the game start we start at the beginning of the chapter. It's getting boring and repetitive when there's a lot more to this game.

The way to solve this would be a random act pick or something. And of course more acts and ETC. We don't give a damn about campaign start in Versus, we just want to play, survive/hunt.

I think you need to get laid Kantham.

You hate every single game ever made don't you. If that's the case, stop playing them. I don't see how pretty much everyone here is having a blast with this game, and yet again you're the one saying how boring it is and it's a crap game etc. :/

Zimmy

TGMZ
Is anyone else having trouble getting the Safety First achievement? I've played through twice now with no survivor having friendly fire incidents and it always jips me out of the achievement. The only person I know who's got it is Kal. Do you have to play online campaign to get it or can you get it in single player?

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Then I stay in the game and I realize I'm teamed with a bunch of 12 years old full of themselves who just got this game versus a bunch of elites who actually play together as a team.

Add good / team players to your friends list. Don't just keep playing with random people.

I only start play next campaign (and Versus) after completing previous, to not spoil all the fun (while writing these lines, I'm in 2nd campaign).

Do you play with the name "Louis" sometimes?

The reason I ask was because I was in a random game recently and someone with your avatar and the name Louis pounced me and after I was dead declared "that was for the nalicity crash!" :lol:

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
Is anyone else having trouble getting the Safety First achievement? I've played through twice now with no survivor having friendly fire incidents and it always jips me out of the achievement. The only person I know who's got it is Kal. Do you have to play online campaign to get it or can you get it in single player?

I got it offline. You just have to be really frickin careful to cause no damage at all from anything to the bots. Light the tank on fire & the tank then touches a bot? fail. Ignite a gas can & a flaming zombie touches a bot? fail. The bots also love to suddenly change position & run in front of you just as you're pressing fire too. You won't always see the 'don't shoot team mates' warning either if only a few pellets wing one but you'll still fail.
When you get mobbed/incapped you can't risk firing & either have to melee till they clear or the bots rescue you. Same if the bots get knocked down, you either have to melee your way in there or leave them to die.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The reason I ask was because I was in a random game recently and someone with your avatar and the name Louis pounced me and after I was dead declared "that was for the nalicity crash!" :lol:
:lol: I just about crapped my pants when I read that, funny stuff!

Yeah getting achievements is totally screwed up in some instances. I was trying to get Unbreakable once but had to leave in the middle, and then the next day I had it, I guess the AI got it for me or something...

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I think you need to get laid Kantham.

You hate every single game ever made don't you. If that's the case, stop playing them. I don't see how pretty much everyone here is having a blast with this game, and yet again you're the one saying how boring it is and it's a crap game etc. :/

I get laid every day, thanks for caring about me.

I have a blast with this game too. Every game has it's own concerns and obviously these could be fixed. I don't talk about the community but the campaign start in Versus. Leads to only 2 playable maps every game start. Don't be blind Jacky, where I said this game is crap now?

Oh yeah call me a whiner or whatever, I joined FBU last night, they just kept spawning 100 Witches and rain them with Pipe bombs. Would have been fun to play a real game with the people there...

Obligatory ;)
I played at least 3 games with hal so far and it was fun.

Last edited:

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
I was thinking of possible new additions they could add to the game.
One idea I had was for special infected.

The infected would be someone who has enhanced brain powers. He would have an over sized head because of the enlarged brain. He would float in the air slightly in a hunched over form from being so top heavy. He would also be relatively weak and easy to kill. Instead of making a sound his presence could be announced through a pulsed blurring of the screen, but nothing too exaggerated or extreme that would make it so you couldn't find him. He would be called Brainiac.

His special ability would be to screw with the survivors heads. It would be a ranged attack that would have the random effect of making your teammates look like zombies to you, or making all the zombies look like your teammates. Either way you can't tell the difference, or at least it would be hard to.

I've also been thinking of other weapons that might make the game more interesting. So far a lot of the 'big' guns would severely imbalance the game. The best way to add new weapons would simply be to add different skins for the same weapon types.

Or, if they would add more wide open maps they could increase the zombie count significantly and that way bigger guns wouldn't be too overpowered. For example adding a minigun would be nice if we had some long open fields ala Serious Sam.

The ability to set up booby traps would be kind of nice. Instead of one grenade or molotov someone could carry a single claymore or some other rigged explosive which would prove useful for the end sequence of the various mid level zombie rush scripted events.

Last edited:

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
What about a chainsaw weapon? >.>

It could work, however I think any additional melee weapons would require a re balancing of how they work.

For example a chainsaw couldn't be an insta-kill weapon. It would have to take a second or two of continuous hits to kill a guy to keep it in line with the melee gun strike.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
Melee weapons would be incredibly fun, though.

Its true. I can back into a corner and use nothing but melee to hold off a hoard of zombies by myself. If that melee was a chainsaw then even better! Or maybe some brass knuckles to give a down-n-dirty fisticuffs feeling. And then you melee critical and punch right through a zombies head!!

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Well I have played A TON of versus and there are a couple things that should be fixed/made less annoying.

1. Melee against special infected - Once a hunter or smoker gets melee'd, you pretty much have to hit your suicide key because its all over. Absolutely no recovery time and its terribly annoying. Now granted meleeing a boomer or hunter mid pounce is fine, but it shouldnt negate their ability to still get a swipe or two in. This way it makes it all the more important to shoot them instead of melee and forget. I have seen on many occasions where I was melee'd as the hunter and was just forgot about.

2. Smoker tongue - Yeah smoker is pretty much dead useless unless you get lucky and have only one survivor left. There are too many ways for the tongue to lose its grip, not to mention the smoker doesn't start dealing damage until either the survivor gets stuck, or is within melee range. I think a 1 damage every few seconds once the tongue hooks on would be so much better, otherwise its just a pain to play.

3. Tank - Well nothing much to say here except its a useless monkey. 4 autoshotties and he is down in a couple seconds. Plus you have to be within kissing range to hit anybody, and even then a good deal won't hit. Screw this stupid meatsack

4. Boomer - Pretty useful but sometimes the puke can be misleading. I have been near survivors, activated the puke and nothing what so ever. Yet tonight I have seen the puke go through the house stairs in Blood Harvest finale, and puke hit me even though I was well out of range. Other than that really nothing needs fixing.

Last edited:

slime73

May 1, 2006
Have you tried hitting cars/forklifts around with the Tank? It's really fun and can easily knock out the survivors.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
4. Boomer - Pretty useful but sometimes the puke can be misleading. I have been near survivors, activated the puke and nothing what so ever. Yet tonight I have seen the puke go through the house stairs in Blood Harvest finale, and puke hit me even though I was well out of range. Other than that really nothing needs fixing.

Haha I did that thing with the stairs. I think I got the projectile center through a little crack in the stairs and the first-floor ceiling, but the size of the visual spray could have made it look like it went through the stairs.

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
2. Smoker tongue - Yeah smoker is pretty much dead useless unless you get lucky and have only one survivor left. There are too many ways for the tongue to lose its grip, not to mention the smoker doesn't start dealing damage until either the survivor gets stuck, or is within melee range. I think a 1 damage every few seconds once the tongue hooks on would be so much better, otherwise its just a pain to play.
The smoker can be difficult, but like most of the infected your focus isn't so much on pure damage output, but on disrupting the survivors - you want to attack when there's a straggler or if players are being distracted by a horde invasion. One dirty trick you can do as the smoker is to drag your victim into the path of a group of incoming undead so they can wail on him/her while also acting as a barrier so you start doing constricting damage (I think, I'm not quite sure). Smokers can also be a PITA for the survivors by dragging them off of high ledges, completely locking them down while freeing you up so you can attack someone else.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
3. Tank - Well nothing much to say here except its a useless monkey. 4 autoshotties and he is down in a couple seconds. Plus you have to be within kissing range to hit anybody, and even then a good deal won't hit. Screw this stupid meatsack

When the survivors get t2 weapons or a molotov, it's better to hide as the tank and only hit them just enough to keep your control meter up while the other infected do the actual work.

This is most apparent on the blood harvest finale, when you can't even touch the survivors if they dig in at the ammo room. The only thing that will force them to run outside is the tank. If I get tank then, I consider it my job to keep them outside for as long as possible, while dealing damage is just secondary.