!!! WMP Contest Discussion !!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

debucode

More twisted than evil, man and machine.
Feb 20, 2004
Seattle, WA
I think for 2004 a wacky vehicles compilation is in order at some point. Or something. I was never a UT player at all and only got UT2K3 to try my hand at modding. But those vehicles in the 2K4 demo are too much fun.

But first things first. I have features to implement and bugs to fix.

ROFL 451

Twisted Mind
Dec 25, 2003
Darkness
Well, thanks to 3 hours of help from Soldat last night, I got some skinning and coding finished. He helped me understand subclasses and so forth, and step-by-step coached me through importing bitmaps and appying them and and coding weapon damage.

So:
Thank you so much Soldat!

He game me a fighting chance to finish this weapon!

Donator

Jun 26, 2003
Vienna
Visit site
I do hope you plan on e-mailing that to me someday, I simply can not wait to try it.

Anytime. Just installed proper sound and dynamic light effects. All that is left to do is to check the thing for bugs, try it online and send it to a few beta testers for covering the unpredictable. So, any volunteers? :D

ROFL 451

Twisted Mind
Dec 25, 2003
Darkness
Donator said:
Anytime. Just installed proper sound and dynamic light effects. All that is left to do is to check the thing for bugs, try it online and send it to a few beta testers for covering the unpredictable. So, any volunteers? :D

I'm up for it, i'll PM you with my e-mail adress. Or do you have a link for me to download from? Whichever, I feel that if there is a chance I can't submit a weapon, then I should at least help by beta tasting.

ROFL 451

Twisted Mind
Dec 25, 2003
Darkness
I am making the Lava Caster a child of the Bio-Rifle. Does this mean for every package that the Bio-Rifle has I need to create one for the Lava Caster?

e.g. LavaCasterPickup extends class BioRiflePickup;
DamTypeLavaGlob extends class DamTypeBioGLob;
so forth?

soldat

resident potato
Oct 28, 2002
the corner pocket
Visit site
Donator, wanna swap weapons?

also, anyone who wants to help me beta test let me know, thanks... at the moment trying to work out dual colt behavior... then i'm gonna see if its worth it to implement net code :) got most of it finished though.

rofl- any class you want to implement that has nondefault (non bio rifle) behavior needs to be subclassed. so yeah, most of the bio rifle files.

Last edited:

ROFL 451

Twisted Mind
Dec 25, 2003
Darkness
soldat said:
Donator, wanna swap weapons?

also, anyone who wants to help me beta test let me know, thanks... at the moment trying to work out dual colt behavior... then i'm gonna see if its worth it to implement net code :) got most of it finished though.

rofl- any class you want to implement that has nondefault (non bio rifle) behavior needs to be subclassed. so yeah, most of the bio rifle files.

Ah, thanks.

Soldat: Tested the Colt 2004 some more, and discovered an interesting fact: Bots DO! buy attachments, but only occasionally. One bought the shruikens and the other bought the nades. Dual Colts would be nice, as would a 3rd person mesh. It gets confusing trying to tell whether it's a lightning gun or Colt. Also, custom ammo meshes would be helpful, and not too hard to make. Just make a box and texture it accordingly (e.g. Colt 2004 rounds - 12 bullets!) or feel you feel like going into detail : a string of twelve bullets linked together or something. Hope all works out! Also! It would be nice to have separate ammo counters for nades and normal pistol shot. Would only be needed for Nade attachment, but it got kinda confusing. You also had better finish the Superweapon attachments, it bugs me not to be able to buy those.

Donator: Disruptor is quite good. Not sure if this is a bug, but I got a "Double Kill!" with both kills in secondary plasma flame mode, and UT2003 locked up. Not sure if it was my system, or the gun or what, but it was wierd. See if anyone else can replicate this situation. Bots are EXTREMELY accurate, knocking me out of the air with primary blasts. So I only have one (possible) bug to report. Have yet to test either your gun or soldat's over the LAN.

Donator

Jun 26, 2003
Vienna
Visit site
Kangus: sent it, check your mail.

Soldat: Anytime, it'd be a pleasure. Just mail your stuff to philipp.donat@chello.at and let me know your eMail addy.

ROFL 451: Thanks a bunch, I had a system lockup twice (in ~2 weeks) myself but tried ages to replicate it without luck, you might have finally found out where I must start searching now. Ah well... :eek:

soldat

resident potato
Oct 28, 2002
the corner pocket
Visit site
the reason i'm not including 3rd person, pickup, and ammo meshes is because my file is already 1.6 mb, and i don't wanna break the rules too much ;)

i will probably do reskins for those things. better scale down the reskins too. eww.

this community weapon pack was a good idea, thanks parse and wong :)

Donator

Jun 26, 2003
Vienna
Visit site
Soldat: got your colt. My first impression: pure coding genious and a good looking piece of hardware, but the "perks" are kinda... unconventional? :lol: Shuriken, laser, VX rockets... what's that, some kind of magic pistol? Anyway, I'll do some real testing tomorrow.

News on the Disruptor lockup: I was finally able to reproduce it after loading a tiny map full of dumb bots and stacking ludicrous kills with the flamethrower for about fifteen minutes. As predicted, it happened exactly during a DoubleKill. Anybody who can provide an error message or log file of such an event or has suggestions on what might have gone wrong here has my thanks in advance. :(

soldat

resident potato
Oct 28, 2002
the corner pocket
Visit site
Donator, tried out your disruptor... deals out lots of damage :) it's real nice

i also duplicated the crash :( i nailed the bomb carrier in bombing run with 2ndary fire, and crashed. one hint: you are getting a lot of accessed none violations in the log:

Warning: Disruptor BR-Anubis.Disruptor (Function XWeapons.LinkGun.PutDown:000D) Accessed None
Warning: Disruptor BR-Anubis.Disruptor (Function XWeapons.LinkGun.PutDown:000D) Accessed None
Warning: Disruptor BR-Anubis.Disruptor (Function XWeap

that last line was cut off, because that's exactly when the crash happened. even if this isn't the cause of the problems, accessed nones are bad. i will keep testing.

soldat

resident potato
Oct 28, 2002
the corner pocket
Visit site
okay crashed again. i haven't finished a single bombing run game without crashing. *sob*

same errors in log:

Warning: Disruptor BR-Anubis.Dis

(cutoff again)

this time using primary fire. and not even a double kill. i think it might have been a bomb carrier kill. i dunno, anyways it crashed a bunch. i play bombing run anubis.

but on the other hand, i am getting damn good with the primary fire. can even shoot kids out of the air. i like it.

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Replicated:
Code:
Warning: Disruptor BR-Canyon.Disruptor (Function XWeapons.LinkGun.PutDown:000D) Accessed None
Warning: Disruptor BR-Canyon.Disruptor (Function XWeapons.LinkGun.PutDown:000D) Accessed None
Log: Allocating 108080 byte dynamic vertex buffer.
Warning: Disruptor BR-Canyon.Disruptor (Function XWeapons.LinkGun.PutDown:000D)

Also, if you go into a third person view, the flame FX from the alt fire do not appear, just the sparks where it hits the geometry.

Donator

Jun 26, 2003
Vienna
Visit site
Thanks for the info pals. Still working on finding the error causing the crash though.

Soldat: speaking of Accessed:None's, the colt creates those over and over:

Warning: WColt BR-Anubis.WColt (Function WMPColt.WColt.RenderOverlays:0008) Accessed None
Warning: WColt BR-Anubis.WColt (Function WMPColt.WColt.RenderOverlays:001E) Accessed None
Error: WColt BR-Anubis.WColt (State WMPColt.opWBasic.Reloading:EE84EB00) GotoLabel (None): Label not found

PS: fixed the alt-fire flames being invisible in third person. Look like I only accidentally commented out a cruzial section when trying to eliminate an Accessed:none last minute. :lol:

Does anybody know what this error message means?

Warning: P8 Weightmap integrated into forces!
Log: pData->links count: 643
Log: ProcMesh 0 shared verts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.