Dakota Arms T-76 Longbow

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SaraP

Feb 12, 2002
The Land of the Governator
More a question than a suggestion. I really like this rifle...VERY accurate, bolt-action sniper rifle in .338 Lapua, very nice looking to boot.

Also, I can get it even under California's super-strict gun laws. If they pass the new rule so non-immigrant aliens can't get guns, I'll just have Strider buy it instead...hee hee, he's a citizen so they can't touch him.

Of course, the thing costs quite a pretty penny -- $4250 US, so I'll have to save up quite a bit before I can actually get it.

Does anyone know if a real military uses this? Because I would love to see it in Infiltration, kind of a midway sniper rifle. It would go well if you add the realistic restriction that the Robar can only fire prone.

That way, you have the PSG-1 which is weaker but semi-auto, the Longbow which is stronger and usually one-hit kill but bolt action, and the Robar which has anti-material capability and always one hit kill, but bolt action AND very clumsy AND requires pronefire.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Never heard of that one. There's only one real bolt-action sniper rifle for me SSG69. It's about the most accurate 7.62 NATO rifle for it's weight. Plus the great Austrian Army uses it!

Anyway, T-76? Sounds more like a tank to me..

Snakeye :D
PS: If I can be of any help, you're in bigger troubles than you thought..

SaraP

Feb 12, 2002
The Land of the Governator
Info is kinda sparse, but here's what I know.

It's a militarized version of the Dakota Arms Model 76 hunting rifle, available in .300 Dakota, .330 Dakota, and .338 Lapua Magnum. It's got the A-2 McMillin fiberglass stock on it -- VERY nice stock there, works well and looks good to boot.

Effective range is up to 1500 meters; accuracy is 0.5 MOA or better. Weight is 13.5 lbs -- heavy, but not nearly as bad as the .50-cals.

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
It would go well if you add the realistic restriction that the Robar can only fire prone
- As I've mentioned before, it should just be made convincingly difficult to shoot (or maintain balance after/while shooting for that matter) while not prone, ruling something out completely often doesn't help people understand why...

Got any page/pictures featuring the gun?

Ratus

The FNG
Jan 3, 2002
Visit site
Why?

1. Where in SoCal are you going to Shoot IT? What place has a mile plus range? If you find one, is it convenient enought to go there every couple of weeks to practice?
  2. It's very expensive! That's just for the rifle, you also have to factor in the scope; at least $500-$1000 for a good one (Leupold,US Optics,etc.) you not going to put a $50 Tasco on it are you? A case to put it in, cleaning supples,etc.
  3. Also the is ammo also very expensive. Can you afford enought to practice?
  4. Rifles in magnum calibers (ie. , 300 Win mag, 7mm mag.) have problems with excessive wear of the rifling do to high temperures and very high velocity. Most .300 Win mag have a barel

You would be better off with a Savage 110FP "Tactical" in .308 at only around $500. They're accurate and cheap. Spend $300-500 on a fixed 10X scope. The varable power scopes don't keep their zero. Then buy about $500 worth of ammo and then go parctice.

But In INF unless we get maps in the range of about 4 miles square rifle in 338 would be overkill. The T-76 and the Robar .50 are about the same length and weight. It's redundant.

Burner

Feb 23, 2006
Are you a girl Sara? Girls don't shoot guns well unless they are air rifles... Try learning to sew, cook, clean if in fact you are a girl its better fpr u.

Nov 19, 2004
wow........just simply.......wow.............*Grabs a really big axe* Hey burner, welcome to the forums......

P.S. *singing* Chop chop chop goes the forum troooooooooollllll...

2nd P.S. Ewww, clean up this mess for me will ya BTH :D

3rd P.S. Egads, I dont care if that rifle was suggested a long time ago, some make it! We need more sniper whoreage :D

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
While we are still sorta on the topic of sniper rifles, maybe a Accuracy International L96a1? Bolt action, 7.62x51mm NATO, 10 shot mag, etc. However, its about $8000! But it comes with rifle, case, scope, bipod, 2x mags, and a suppressor.

Since you can't legally own suppressors, maybe they would drop $500 or so off to leave it out of the order.

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
Serious? So what if you were recoil sensitive and had to install a muzzle brake?

I've got a .22 with a threaded barrel, it had a suppressor fitted in the early sixties, before they were banned. I guess the laws in Australia are different though, like we cant have any handguns over .38cal, unless you have a collectors permit, and the weapon has significant historical or investment significance.