Radar. A MAJOR bug. Please fix this!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

nexus36

Apr 3, 2000
Visit site
Radar works well for those that like it, but for those that want more realism, it is terrible. And the fact that it can't be forced off by the server is REALLY bad. A group of friends and I play networked, but unfortunately there are several that won't turn the radar off playerside, though they claim they do (and have been cought doing otherwise). Radar really cuts off a lot of realistic play. Sneaking, stalking, looking for that good vantage point, etc, etc, are all totally crippled. Just spin around until you see the dot and move in appropriately. This seems like such an easy fix. Is this being addressed? None of the developers have commented so far. I see this is a major bug. Don't others? (or am I missing something?) There is a variable (bInfilAdminRadar=false) that is supposed to allow the server to control whether radar works or not. IT DOES NOT WORK WITH NETWORKED GAMES. Radar is always player selectible no matter what the server wants. This is a bug and really tarnishes an otherwise GREAT mod. And it must be easy to fix... I hope this is being addressed soon. Yeah, YOU may turn your radar off, but don't bet on everyone else doing so. This will completely blow your real-world tactics to shit.