MY thoughts on religion , homosexuality, and ethics

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
While I would have to agree that my parents played different roles in raising me I don't know how much of that is simply down to my Dad working shifts and my mum being home when I was younger.

I dunno... what about house husbands?

Surely they end up doing a lot of "mother" type stuff.

edit
Spier, women are nuts. Great heaving insane bucketloads of crazy. I mean don't get me wrong, they have lubbajubs and stuff but that only just barely makes up for their seething irrationality
;)

Last edited:

ecale3

Sniper - May be harmful to your health.
Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
oh, didn't see that Elcectric Sheep. Spier hit the nail on the head; women are beautiful, everything about them, from the shape of their body to the way they think is incredibly attractive to me, i don't understand how anyone, male or female, could be attracted to a man. that's all i was saying there.

})FA|Snake

Aug 5, 2000
Visit site
I have a severe disdain for religion, not the people themselves but the institution and idea. The way its propagated upon the young before they can even teal lreality from fantasy, the way the church has committed so many atrocities and been the catalyst for so much bloodshed, the way it has and continues to stiffle the scientific advancement of mankind, and the way it is forced upon me day after day bby politiction trying to conform the law unto their own moral standards.

Scythe

I'd rather die than give you control.
Jan 13, 2001
about 30ft behind you.
Visit site
I think that homisexual parents are fine. It IS possible for kids to get the female or male influence somewhere else. and what about single parrents? I mean at least these kids have two parents who love them deeply.

Chillinzebra

Nov 14, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
I have to say, even though I've only ever met two people who raised by gay parents (one's parents were lesbians, the other were gay) Those to guys are some of the nicest/popularest people I've ever met... probablly some of the only people I've ever met deserving of their popularity either.

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
My thoughts, in brief.

Religion: I'm agnostic. Is there a God? I don't know. If there is, what's he like? I can't say; I've never met the guy.

Ethics: I try to make sure that nothing I do will hurt anyone else without a just cause (and I don't view "WAH angst cynicism punk goth world should die WAHHHH!!!" as a "just cause".)

Homosexuals: As long as they know that I mean "no thanks" when I say "no thanks", I have no problem with them. I've encountered my fair share of homosexuals who insist on hitting on me incessantly, and if I was anal enough, I could have pressed charges for sexual harrassment many times, by now.

Homosexual parents: Right now, given the state of homosexual acceptance in America, I don't think it's the best idea. As someone who was the brunt of harrassment for being multi-racial, I can't begin to imagine what kind of crap a boy with gay parents would have to put up with. I don't necessarily think that it shouldn't be allowed, but gay prospective parents should examine their environment and decide if it is an accepting enough place for them to raise a kid. The one thing I absolutely don't approve of is when gays want to adopt kids just to prove to the world that gays can raise them. I, for one, wouldn't appreciate knowing that my parents raised me with the primary intent of making me an example, as opposed to someone they truly loved and wanted to care for.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2001
San Diego, CA
i agree with beerbaron, for the most part.
For homosexuality i think they should be allowed to do what a normal heterosexual couple would do. Even though I dont necessarily want to ever really see 2 guys kissing when im out walking, i dont think restraints should be put on that.

As for religion the one thing i really hate is how everyone tries to force their beliefs on you. This whole abortion issue is christians think that a embryo is a child while some people dont. If you think its a child then dont get an abortion, but dont force your view on everyone else who doesnt hodl the same beliefs.

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
Imperial: However, if you thought that abortion was killing people, would you want it to continue? It's not just about their own babies - it's about caring for all living things.

Granted, the quality of life could be the reason for the abortion, but it's not as simple as "let them kill their kid, you don't have to". Their has to be some middle ground that we can all agree to, we just haven't reached it yet. As well, I seriously doubt that we are going to reach it in a forum debate, so lets try and avoid one for now, please.

Private~Parts

metamorphose-tetraform
Mar 17, 2003
Wellington NZ
Visit site
Religion: Do I get a pang of guilt from doing a thing? avoid doing it again. Do I feel complete (guilt free) pleasure? It's good:). Have I really pissed someone off? DAMN.... Learn to live without doing THAT again!
I do like The Vrrc's angle on this too,
quote:

My religion is simply all my beliefs that have accumulated and are accumulating; meaning the more I learn or the more my mind changes (one way or the other) my religion changes. Just recently I embraced a new set of beliefs in addition to what I already believed in. I'll most likley believe them for a while until another epiphany and I add even more to it. My religion doesn't tell me how to live my life, its very form is crafted from how I live my life.

Homosexuals: nimby! seriously though, if you're gay then you're gay. gay parents - the cuckoo lays it's eggs in any old bird's nest - who cares who your parents are as long as they teach you how to survive and create some sort of a life for yourself

Ethics: Difficult one... I agree with Darwins' theory, natural selection and all that, but there is something missing from it. Why do we, for instance feel empathy with other creatures? I mean not just each other but cats or dogs. They are completely diffrent to us but we know if they are happy, sad, in pain etc... I recon the whole planet is one big wonder and we must keep in the back of our minds the need to not be wasteful and try and make life liveable for those you are in immediate contact with.
edit: unless you are about to eat said creature :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
try and make life liveable for those you are in immediate contact with. edit: unless you are about to eat said creature

"That chicken looks so sad. I feel that we should help it."
"Nah, let's eat it. I'm hungry."
"Ah, works for me."
*gobbles down chicken live*
"That person over there looks sad."
"And I'm still hungry."
;)

Mar 19, 2001
San Diego, CA
Imperial: However, if you thought that abortion was killing people, would you want it to continue? It's not just about their own babies - it's about caring for all living things.

I remember hearing a story about how some people in europe were told about this small tribe somewhere in indonesia or there abouts that would eat their dead to honor them, and they were repulsed by it and wanted to stop it. However when that tribe was told about how europeans buried their dead, they were repulsed and appalled that europeans would not honor their dead.
Its all based on your belief, and you should not force your views onto others no matter how appaling it seems.

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
Imperial;
You make a very valid point, but the difference in that example is that they are dealing with dead people. Pro-lifers believe that aborting a fetus constitutes murder. Therefore, they believe that they are fighting against the murdering of innocent babies. Telling them to stop "forcing their beliefs" on others is basically telling them to condone what they feel is the murder of human beings whose only crime was living. To further play devil's advocate, a pro-lifer could possibly make the argument that people who support abortion but oppose, say, the Iraq war are hypocrites, because while they are against the deaths of innocent civilians, they aren't against the deaths of innocent babies. Of course, it's not quite that simple, but there are a few valid comparisons.

It's just a tricky subject. Personally, I'm pro-choice as long as it's not just some idiot girl getting pregnant every other month because she won't take the initiative to use contraception. Personally, I think that abortions should only be legal in standardized facilities, and cost hundreds of dollars to have performed, unless it is a life-or-death situation for the mother, or stemming from rape, incest, etc. That would discourage their use as a way for couples to have unprotected sex and not have to worry about getting pregnant. I know a slutty bint who's had five abortions since she was 16. They're easy to schedule, and they didn't cost her any money, so she doesn't see why she needs to be careful... it's ridiculous.

People just aren't careful enough with sex. I don't have sex with any girlfriend unless she's on a pill/shot/rod/etc., and even then, I use a physical barrier. While I don't necessarily oppose abortion, I would rather we minimize the number of fetuses that have to be aborted. The fewer lives that are frivolously ended, the better.

Last edited:

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
One thing I could see working is charging a rediculious amount for plain and simple "I want my baby dead" abortions. Abortions for medical health reasons, rape (I'm including incest within the rape as statuatory, just to save a little clarification since it's a forum debate), and so on should perhaps have some leeway.

However, then we get into the issue of women who don't want to have any more children, but their husband constantly has to stick em' with the the baby maker (think husbands who are against contraceptives). I've known a few families that worked like this - the mother is overwhelmed, wants to find a way out at the last minute, but can't, and is stuck with her 9th kid and she has know idea what she is going to do.

Eh, that was just a though on what could happen. Like I was saying before, still a lot of gray area that needs to be cleared up in order to effectively present a solution. A real solution to the problem would more than likely end up being book length with all the stipulations of it, and enforcing it would require some serious effort. However, that's my thoughts on the subject.

SaraP

Feb 12, 2002
The Land of the Governator
ecale3 said:
Homosexuality: I understand where lesbians are coming from. The concept of a gay man does not make sense to me.

That's 'cuz you're a straight male, and hence see girls as sexy but not guys. Hence:

Lesbians = sexy + sexy = :mwink:
Gay men = not sexy + not sexy = :eek:

I'm a straight girl, so reverse that for me. Guys = yummy!

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
yurch said:
You don't have to lie to be a social engineer.

Indeed.

I also study social engineering from a network and security admin's perspective, seeing as how that's my chosen line of work and what I'm attending college for.

Btw, Kevin Mitnick's book, "The Art of Deception" is VERY good. It gives some great information on protecting from serious social engineers, and how to seal up the massive holes of the human element of security. He had a lot of ideas that I had never really thought of, and I recommend it for anybody looking into the network/security administration field. Plus, some of the stories are hilarious :)