Possible Xmas gifts for the GF.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
As a side note to Serious Sam HD: SE... there is a mode in the Options menu that will allow you to change the blood into things like flowers, peace symbols, and stars.

We all know though that SS is not very tactical, other than choosing the right weapon at the right time.

Gir

Offensive mode!
Apr 23, 2000
Peking Eend.
Visit site
SS is a fun game at least. I might as well show it, I think I still have the first and second titles somewhere.

I don't really think she is bothered by blood anymore. She probably would not have liked True Blood very much if she didn't. It's mostly the human killing part that she doesn't like, with guns in particular. She might sound a bit.. crazy.. :)lol:) and I might even not agree with her, but I can understand if she gave the matter serious thought. We live in Oslo (if anyone remembers me being a Dutchie: I moved from Holland to Norway a couple years ago), and last summer a guy decided it would be fun to shoot 70+ children on a nearby island. After blowing up a bomb in the downtown area here.

It affected everyone here quite a bit. A few weeks after the incident I was playing the original Unreal DM with her 14 year old cousin and she asked me to quit.

Last edited by a moderator:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Well the new HD versions seem to go on sale a lot. The Steam Thanksgiving Sale and Holiday Sale are both coming up very soon. I think the two HD versions bundled with the two classic versions were on sale for less than $10 previously.

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
The requirements for a tactical FPS, non-human antagonists, and non-horror seem to conflict a bit IMHO. 'Tactical' makes me think of a game like the original Rainbow Six, which features terrorists as the baddies. Non-human makes me think of Serious Sam or Doom 3, but SS is considered to be more of a mindless shooter and Doom 3 features elements of horror. Half-Life has human and monster enemies, but I don't think she'll like the beginning as much when you have to face headcrabs and zombies with little more than a crowbar. If we look at third person shooters there's Gears of War and MDK. I don't know how well those would work for her.

Noone Lives Forever 1/2. Those are awesome FPS games that noone could possibly hate unless they had the brainworms.
Didn't think of these. Monolith also did Tron 2.0, which mostly has non-human enemies, though your girlfriend might not find them to be monster-y enough.

[EDIT]Also Halo.

Last edited:

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Like someone here said, any Call of Duty would do for tactical. But that involves killing humans. Avoid killing humans + use some tactics -- grab any given hunt simulator.

Or if she liked Fallout 3, just grab her New Vegas and send her on her way to the PC.