Welcome To A New America!!!!! (For the better even)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

[PSI]Snow White

Jan 30, 2008
Clinton20.jpg

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I think that remains to be seen. What really needs to happen is for people to actually become interested and involved in what happens in the government. Not that much of the government has changed, yet. It was a good speech, as is his trademark, but those are only words and the coming weeks, months, and years will tell their own tale.

EDIT: I should say, hope is always good. People do seem to be more interested now, but it's only the first day of many to come. His speech was right in that it will be the will of the people that makes the difference, not simply the decisions of some people in suits.

Last edited:

drakon

Introverted™
Jan 20, 2008
While I'm happy he's in office and I really hope he accomplishes great things, I must say I know for a fact that he's not going to live up to the exceedingly high expectations of millions of people all around the world (and yes, including the good ol' US of A).

dub

Feb 12, 2002
he hasn't done anything yet.
a politician's promises are worth nothing

He's replaced Bush.
If he does nothing but sit on his arse in the White House for the next eight years playing Xbox, he'll still be 1up in my book, for that fact alone.

[PSI]Snow White

Jan 30, 2008
Yeah, I guess that means Obama is...GASP...human :p

besides, the guy reading it to him actually read it wrong the first time, if you were watching.

Obama goofs right off the bat

It didn't take long for Barack Obama to make the first mistake of his presidency.

In the third sentence of his inaugural speech Tuesday, the newly sworn-in president said, "Forty-four Americans have now taken the presidential oath."

While there have been 44 presidential administrations, there have been only 43 presidents; Grover Cleveland served two nonconsecutive terms in the late 1800s.

:lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.