Help with getting using a mesh

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CiberX15

Oct 5, 2008
Ok I am working with trying to create a new weapon. I have created a model and animation and I have loaded them into unrealruntime 2 (they show up and everything). I made a weapon class from the WeaponPickup class and set its display to DT_Mesh and in the animated mesh dialog I inserted my animated mesh. This worked fine and I could even place it and it would show up in the editor. However when load my map it does not load the object pack that my mesh is in, and when I do load the pack manually and play the map the gun still does not show up.

I assume that to get the pack to show up I have to do some scripting like: when load class my_class load my_object_pack, but I don’t know how to code that. I did something similar for textures though.

Then even if it starts loading my object pack it I have the problem that it doesn’t show up in game! What am I doing wrong? Thanks to whoever has enough patience to deal with me.

CiberX15

Oct 5, 2008
Ok I figured this one out on my own, just in case someone else finds this I’ll explain what I did.

I was right when I though I needed a load class = load my pack, All I needed to do was place Mesh=SkeletalMesh'My_Pack.My_Object' in the default properties the whole thing looks like this:

//==========================================================
// My_Object.
//==========================================================
class My_Object extends WeaponPickup
Placeable;

defaultproperties
{
Mesh=SkeletalMesh'My_Pack.My_Object'
}

Last edited: