Stuff you just bought thread V2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Mar 9, 2009
Vancouver, BC.
10275425_PrimaryImage.jpg

wTg9Z2M.jpg

Deathmaker

Balanced
Mar 29, 2001
Manchester, England.
Haha, nice timing. After I got the Svörd I though I'd look around to see if could find more folders that I could EDC. And I got me a UKPK, too.

Plus this:
Böker Plus Subcom 42

How are you liking the UKPK so far? I have to say, after putting on a better edge I'm loving it; it's like a razer-sharp feather. I've also highly polished the the flat grind but I just know some Daily Mail reader will likely faint if I whip it out in public, I've already had a funny look when I used it at a garden centre the other week before I'd done the polishing. So, I've now bought some ferric chloride to give it a dark etch then I'll have a go at a stone-wash, that should make it a bit more discrete.

Good choice on the Subcom, too. I was torn between the Ti version of it, the UKPK or the Böker Nano 42, I opted for the lightest one and left a few less than subtle hints to my kids about the 2 Bökers and the fast approaching Father's Day. :p

What do u guys use your knives for

I fell mighty Oaks, use them for skinning puppies & kittens and wield them on pensions day out side the Post Office while dressed like this:
302atj5.jpg

Or I might just use them for any number of normal things that require the use of a cutting tool.

Back OT, this is my latest pointy acquisition:
il8was.jpg

A Spyderco Paramilitary 2, black blade with digi-camo scales & I was lucky enough to get one with all black hardware.

Those packets of Soreen don't stand a chance! :D

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
How are you liking the UKPK so far? I have to say, after putting on a better edge I'm loving it; it's like a razer-sharp feather. I've also highly polished the the flat grind but I just know some Daily Mail reader will likely faint if I whip it out in public, I've already had a funny look when I used it at a garden centre the other week before I'd done the polishing. So, I've now bought some ferric chloride to give it a dark etch then I'll have a go at a stone-wash, that should make it a bit more discrete.

Good choice on the Subcom, too. I was torn between the Ti version of it, the UKPK or the Böker Nano 42, I opted for the lightest one and left a few less than subtle hints to my kids about the 2 Bökers and the fast approaching Father's Day. :p

[...]

Back OT, this is my latest pointy acquisition:
il8was.jpg

A Spyderco Paramilitary 2, black blade with digi-camo scales & I was lucky enough to get one with all black hardware.

Those packets of Soreen don't stand a chance! :D

I'm pretty happy with the UKPK. I kinda wish there would be a DEPK (aka the same knife in a German legal version), because that would give me a longer blade. As it is, I often get spread into the Spyderhole which makes cleaning a bit harder. On mine the edge looked very rough, but a magnifying class revealed, that the, uh, very edge of the edge is not. It came razor sharp right out of the box.

I get that normals are irrational thing, too. A couple months ago a coworker noticed a fixed blade on my belt and "didn't feel very safe" because of it. (she knows me for about 8 years, and I was carrying various knifes all that time, including this one for like two years or so)
:rolleyes:
In any case, I don't think I should carry a knife that has anything camo on it.

Good luck for that Fathers Day. ;)

*edit*
Oh, yeah, I build myself a new PC.
Core i5-4670, 16GB RAM, Gefore 770 GTX, 250GB SSD + 2TB HDD.

Last edited:

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
I needed a new battery for my car and Pepboys was the cheapest at 90$.

PRO%20START-BATTERY-26RH540PS.jpg

I bought a Samsung 840 EVO SSD to replace my failing pos WD Caviar Black.

41WIo3WwI4L.jpg

I'm just waiting for the adapter to get here that I need to fit the SSD in the hd trays then it's goodbye platters. :D

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Yes, the Samsung 840 EVO SSD is awesome!!

(i got one recently too)
Nice, that's good to hear that I bought a good drive. :D

I'm just waiting for the adapter to get here so I can install the drive. Everyone keeps saying how fast SSD are, soon it will be time to find out what all the fuss is about.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Nice, that's good to hear that I bought a good drive. :D

I'm just waiting for the adapter to get here so I can install the drive. Everyone keeps saying how fast SSD are, soon it will be time to find out what all the fuss is about.

The first time you boot up, you will become a believer.