UT3 VCTF-HangingGardens[Pics][PC][PS3]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cobra

Dec 15, 2005
Montreal, Canada
You are more than welcome to manipulate the map on your own PC, but if there is going to be a public CTF version of the map (or any other variant for that matter), I would prefer to author said version with _N_.

A

Thank's :) But like I said, it will be only for me :)

[VaLkyR]Anubis

Foregone Destruction
Jan 20, 2008
Gaia
www.youtube.com
Now this map is really something new. Many of UT3's maps have only an industrial look / design, but that one changes everything. However, what's the point of the outside "water." I don't really think that it can be called "water", more liquid metal, that would fit to it, but it is just me. Nevertheless, nice idea of a map! :)

ACZ

pureLIGHT Guru
May 17, 2009
Canada
www.purelighttech.com
However, what's the point of the outside "water." I don't really think that it can be called "water", more liquid metal, that would fit to it, but it is just me.

Not really sure if the "water" is actually water; who knows what it is ;) - I rather liked the semi stylized look to it, so I left it halfway through building the shader. The key thing was that the color matched the sky as best as possible - I wanted the background to add color, and be neat if you stopped to look at it, but really drive attention back to the map itself.

(I know there is an issue with the ocean shader at extreme distances on older video cards; I'll adjust that shader for version 1.2, but it hardly affects gameplay)

Many of UT3's maps have only an industrial look / design, but that one changes everything

That was the idea ;), hopefully I don't step on any of the judges toes... (they make their living building dark industrial maps afterall!). Thanks though!

---
I still want my DM version...

Just out of interest, how would you structure a DM map? I've looked at this myself, but I really can't see a way without effectively rebuilding much of the map from scratch.

AsToRoTh

Jan 20, 2008
Usually Im either too lazy or just cant find the original post after trying out a new map... this map, however, was worth the time to come back and find this post.
Great map, visually stunning.. considering how stark some areas are theres always something to look at and the architecture is amazing. Its already been mentioned but I love the glass floor. Only played offline but it was so satisfying to shoot the floor out from under the bots feet. Good job and most definitely a keeper.

keaukrine

Sep 26, 2004
Ukraine
keaukraine.narod.ru
Played this map yesterday, really liked it.
Breakable glass is a great idea IMHO, and visuals of this map are stunning! One of the few maps for UT3 that has a real water (not that crappy liquid-metal material used in all stock maps) and a blue sky (only WAR-Confrontation uses blue color for sky, all other maps use awful non-realistic colors in every possible place).

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
Played this map yesterday, really liked it.
Breakable glass is a great idea IMHO, and visuals of this map are stunning! One of the few maps for UT3 that has a real water (not that crappy liquid-metal material used in all stock maps) and a blue sky (only WAR-Confrontation uses blue color for sky, all other maps use awful non-realistic colors in every possible place).

This is Unreal, not The Sims. :rolleyes:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
excellent map!

This is a nice bright environment that is good for UT3 and VCTF for a change. This one has good lighting/shadows, great visuals in general as well as architecture and well-executed theme. I don't play VCTF very often but this one was interesting and absorbing (if that makes any sense at all).;) The bots are decent (at least on-foot) and there is a good choice of vehicles and like the addition of the Avril weapon and thanks for including the flak cannon.:) This map is tight for VCTF but there are many path choices and when it gets crazy you can always go on-foot. A few places can be hard to navigate, but play it enough times and you'll figure it out. I like the energy bridge dynamic and breaking glass options. It was good to finally try this one, now I have to try some more from my list.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Night version

The nighttime gives it a little more atmosphere, but you better know the map layout. Some kick a$$ vehicles included with the night version and I like the ones in here better.

drummerrextro

Mar 3, 2011
question on level

ive been wondering how to make glass shatter for a while, how did you do it? also im wondering how you got the bridge to create that texture that rolls out into the bridge?