UT3 DOM Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
From what I can tell, it's a zip file but it's just the Windows exe zipped up. Is there going to be a true zip file release with paths that let us know where the files go? Even though it takes longer to do it this way, I prefer it.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Very nice. You have a winner I think.

One of the maps - something downtown maybe (a train tunnel? and a roof top?) was odd.

I disable double jump - I know ... I know - and the upper node needs rocket jump to reach. Just a note.
That'd be Cidom, a UT retail DOM map. DOM is meant to be played with the translocator (and is on by default both in UT and UT3DOM) and that is why that upper node seems so difficult to reach. ;)

JimBodkins

Apr 10, 2004
Aki - a great map - has a bot path issue on A node side (havent looked at B node). There is a tall lift built with an open wooden frame that it appears bots only partially enter and fail to activate the lift. (It may have been due to something else, I'm not totally certain). They seem to stand there - one foot on the lift, one off. (I coaxed him onto the lift with flak).

I hope people play this - I cant due to my 5900 video card (at least online). This looks like it is a go. I would love to see a vehicle double dom match.

P.S.
Could I ask someone to correct the flak trajectory? (or is that heresy) UT2k4 flak is perfect, UT3 has an odd trajectory (secondary). It seems to loft. On the other hand, the UT3 RL seems much better than the UT2k4 RL for direct hitscan shots.

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
That'd be Cidom, a UT retail DOM map. DOM is meant to be played with the translocator (and is on by default both in UT and UT3DOM) and that is why that upper node seems so difficult to reach. ;)

One thing that i really noticed from my beta testing while making Cidom, was how bots would ALWAYS pwn my ass when translocating to the roof, and it started to be damn annoying. And the best and most awesome solution i found was adding the jumpbots. There is nothing more badass and amazing that loading the 3 rockects, double bot jumping and blasting bots/enemies to hell, i just LOVE that. I specially took great care to prevent players from reaching most places with a simple double jump (down the tunnel, and in the shock/link spawns)

A

Argentium Thri'ile

Bug report

I'm surpised that I'm the only one to report a strange thing occuring with the mod :

When playing offline match against bots, I can set my map cycle the way I want, after the first map finished, the game loads only on Contrast and don't change map after that (even if Contrast is not in the map cycle).

I still have not tested the thing on LAN.

Am I alone to have this problem and if not, is there a simple solution or do I have to wait for a patch ?

Thanks in advance

JimBodkins

Apr 10, 2004
I'm surpised that I'm the only one to report a strange thing occuring with the mod :

When playing offline match against bots, I can set my map cycle the way I want, after the first map finished, the game loads only on Contrast and don't change map after that (even if Contrast is not in the map cycle).

I still have not tested the thing on LAN.

Am I alone to have this problem and if not, is there a simple solution or do I have to wait for a patch ?

Thanks in advance

I see the same issue.

I setup a maplist and it only plays the first map in the list (Instant Action)

As a note, for some reason, I cant activate the translocator. Which is probably why I had to rocket jump to the roof node on cidom.

Great mod.

P.S.
I have a non-standard install. The root folder is g:\unrealtournament 3 (with the peruser data in the usual place)

Last edited:

In73gr4L

Jan 22, 2008
Reading some of the posts here really brings back memories of ut99. I remember playing on Cidom and hiding in the dark spot where the minigun is, with a charged piston.:D

F

Françoista4

Please enable back the "attack alpha/bravo" orders...

Amazing mod, even though I wish I had this shipped with the game...

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a way to allow us "controling" the bots via the orders menu in some next version? That was very fun in UT2004/2003, and gave you the feeling somewhat that tactics can matter even during offline games!

Yes, I'd be very grateful if someone could enable back the "attack alpha/bravo" orders, thanks :)

JimBodkins

Apr 10, 2004
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?p=2147907#post2147907

Read that for people who are having difficulties with the translocator and other stuff. :)

Thanks, I'll do that.

As an additional note (cidon) - in domination the tloc is fine. Its double dom that doesnt have it. I checked the ini and bUseTranslocator is set in Dom.Domination but doesnt seem to be inherited by Dom.DoubleDom. (I believe the readme stated that it should be)

Thanks again

P.S.

50 points is a good default for Domination, but Double Domination should default to maybe 5. :)

Last edited:
A

Argentium Thri'ile

JimBodkins

Apr 10, 2004
I believe I set the score limit for double domination (4 team) to 5 - aki - got bored when no one could score (2 man teams) and exited to the main menu. I then selected 2 team double domination and the score limit seemed to be zero - which was the score when I left previously. Has anyone else seen this? Is there an interaction here?

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
50 points is a good default for Domination, but Double Domination should default to maybe 5.
Yeah I pointed that one out just before they released it :p
You can change the default score to 3 by doing these changes in UTDom.ini:

[DoubleDom UTUIDataProvider_GameModeInfo]
GameSettingsClass=UTGameSettingsCTF
OptionSet=CTF

Same for DoubleDom_2 and VehicleDoubleDom

TheIronKnuckle said:
on that note, i actually believe the 4 team DDOM is a waste of space on the UI. DDOM just wont work with 4 teams, it is impossible to score! Still having great fun with the rest of the mod though!
Also in UTDom.ini, search for the gametype you don't want to be displayed: ;)

bRemoveOnPC=True

JimBodkins

Apr 10, 2004
You can change the default score to 3 by doing these changes in UTDom.ini:

[DoubleDom UTUIDataProvider_GameModeInfo]
GameSettingsClass=UTGameSettingsCTF
OptionSet=CTF

Same for DoubleDom_2 and VehicleDoubleDom

Also in UTDom.ini, search for the gametype you don't want to be displayed: ;)

bRemoveOnPC=True

Thanks a million. :)

You wouldnt know how I could remap TAB (console) to something else (TILDE maybe) so I can map TAB to translocator do you? I have always used TAB for translocator and get screwed constantly in the midle of melee by opening a console line - stopping dead - and getting gacked. I will find the Epic pinhead that did that and harm him one day. :)

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I have a problem with installing ut3 dom (yeah I have bought ut3 yesterday), first there was no published folder in my ut3. I had to create it.
Then ut3 dom asks me if to install ut3dom games files at C: Program files, if I say yes, it then says error opening file for writing: DOm_Content.upk Ckick abort to stop the installation...................etc etc. :mad:
I have it on laptop running windows vista(I don't have space on normal pc plus i think it wouldnt ever run there), but the game after applying the patch suffers from slowdowns and much greatly than the demo, to the point its unplayable sometimes. It lags as much as the demo did online, but this time it does ofline.

EDIT: Ah now I've read taht I should say no when it asks for that.

Oh and btw czech localization sucks in this game(ut3), I mean they call shock rifle a pulse rifle and link gun they translate something as: Energeticrifle. :mad:
But that's the only thing I could get, I am glad I didn't have the prevuious Unreal titles localized, at most of them there wasnt localization except fan ones though.

Last edited: