UT3 DOM Dated, Screenshots

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Ok, having offered to help you guys out, I 've seen a few issues:

1) DOM-Apodos does not have a level preview

2) Default score limit for vehicle double domination is 50. That would take a really, really long time.

3) in multi-team Double Domination, it is virtually impossible to score with the default settings. It's partially because of the size of most of the maps, but I suggest one of two things. Either:

- Drastically reduce the default countdown time (to like 5 seconds- That's the most I was ever able to keep both points for) -OR-
-Use all control points as normal domination, and a team must hold the same two out of three for a longer period of time. Only the points used to score are locked afterward.

Obviously, the first solution is far simpler, as changing the INI included in the mod is the only change that would need to be made. I suggest you do this, and consider the second idea for the future.

Aside from that, I've played a match or or two on every map, using various mutators, and everything more or less is working perfectly. It seems the -nohomedir issue got fixed, as it's working fine for me here.

If you have a test server up, I couldn't see it. If you do have one, its possible some kind of configuraiton isn't properly set. My understanding is custom games use an alternate master or something like that, but the mod needs to be properly set up to use it. I'm not the right person to ask about this, though.

-edit- found another issue- Bots don't seem to know they need to get out of their vehicles/hoverboards when they reach a control point when playing with hoverboards enabled, or when playing vehicle domination/double domination. I spotted a bot on my team hovering over an unclaimed control point on the hoverboard. he wouldn't move from that spot because the point wasn't under our team's control, but since he couldn't change its control on the hoverboard, he stood there. Once I touched the control point, he continued normally.

1) We'll fix that screenshot issue promtly. ;)
2) We shall fix this up, many thanks for picking that up. :)
3) iirc, there is a configuration setting in the ini or somewhere that you can change this manually...but I think 5 seconds would be a better idea imho. :)
4) I believe that this issue is a UT3 Patch v1.2 and older issue. It gets fixed in Patch 1.3 Beta 1 (it's an AI issue iirc), but v1.3 Beta 1 is unforunatly not compatible with custom mods, and it breaks UT3 slightly (editor and custom gameplay wise :( )

Many thanks for your testing SirTahngarth. :)

@G.Lecter

would you like to test UT3DOM? :)

Last edited:

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
I must say, the paper lanterns near the control poitns in DOM-AKI changing color to match the controlling team was a really nice touch. Though it seems a bit... random, I thought that map was pretty fun. :p

3) iirc, there is a configuration setting in the ini or somewhere that you can change this manually...but I think 5 seconds would be a better idea imho.
Correct, and I mentioned that- though the random user who downloads the mod may not think of this. :p

If one of you who is testing wants to mess around a bit, im going to play one or two more rounds on a listen server right now, IP is 74.69.245.119 would be cool to have a human on board.

Last edited:

In73gr4L

Jan 22, 2008
eh? :con: This is designed to work with v1.2 final patch, but it has problems with 1.3 beta 1 patch. XD Try not to get confused there. :p

I thought one of the main reasons you held back the release was because the mod wasn't compatible with 1.3 beta 1 patch, as you seemed to indicate in the following quote.

«:MX:»RoninMastaFX said:
We are getting closer to the release. Snake.PLiSKIN has fixed all of the issues (except the v1.3 path beta 1 bug). the -nohomedirectory was fixed, but if it crashes UT3, then you did not install UT3DOM correctly.

So since the mod is designed to work with the v1.2 final patch, does that mean you're at the stage of just testing the actual gameplay to see if there are any bugs?

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
would you like to test UT3DOM? :)
I'd love to do it but I have to finish a craft work for university first... (that's also why I don't mind to wait for the release! :D) If it is unreleased by the time I'm done with that (let's hope not...) I'll let you know... ;)

btw, according to Than's feedback, are DDOM and Vehicle gametypes coming with this release?

Alhanalem

Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
Well, they're certainly in the version I played, and they work well enough. :p

I kinda think vehicle maps should be folded into the normal gametypes though (especially with only one map). But I suppose its not a big deal either way.

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
I kinda think vehicle maps should be folded into the normal gametypes though (especially with only one map). But I suppose its not a big deal either way.
+1! :tup: Having a gametype for one or two maps seems kind of pointless... Jailbreak2004 had them all in the same category and no one complained... :)

Alhanalem

Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
+1! :tup: Having a gametype for one or two maps seems kind of pointless... Jailbreak2004 had them all in the same category and no one complained... :)

The ini preference for whether or not you get the hoverboard or translocator will work just fine. That's really the only technical difference between a vehicle gametype and a non-vehicle game type.

Also the main reason I made this suggestion is this mod seriously bloats the game type list :p It's mostly the fault of the current lack of ability to have custom gametype options in the menus though. I.e. they can't add a "number of teams" option, so there has to be seperate game types for two and 4 teams unlike in UT99 where you could just pick the number.

Last edited:

Wunderbar_007

.Lateral Thought.
Nov 11, 2005
Montreal
The ini preference for whether or not you get the hoverboard or translocator will work just fine. That's really the only technical difference between a vehicle gametype and a non-vehicle game type.

Also the main reason I made this suggestion is this mod seriously bloats the game type list :p It's mostly the fault of the current lack of ability to have custom gametype options in the menus though. I.e. they can't add a "number of teams" option, so there has to be seperate game types for two and 4 teams unlike in UT99 where you could just pick the number.

Really!? Wow, bummer. I got a question though, would it be possible to have DOM, DDOM and VDOM as separate downloads at the time of release? For example I LOVE the original domination mode but have very little interest in the other two, so can I JUST install domination? Not a big deal though, I'm just wondering.
Thank you!

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
<Space Jam Deep Voice><Trumpet Introduction> Ladies and gentleman...boys and girls </Trumpet Introduction>....<Drum Roll>I present to you...</Drum Roll><Symbols>UT3DOM!! That's right, UT3DOM has finally hit the final stage for public usage! We have undergone the 8 days after "announced launch date of June 10, 2008" to prepare UT3DOM to be it's best and guaranteed to satisfy you! For you folks that like to criticize...you're wasting you time, and you should be playing UT3DOM, and having the time of your life! Get the PC version now!! :D</Space Jam Deep Voice>

Official Website

PC Download (Windows EXE Setup)
PC Download (ZIP / Server Installer)
PS3 Download (in final testing)
XBOX 360 Download (not even ported yet)

Enjoy! :D

«:MX:»RoninMastaFX and ~Team Domination~ (formerly known as ~The UT3DOM Crew~)

Last edited:

Draco73

Oct 11, 2005
www.silentdragons.com
does anyone know if any online servers has been set up with the DOM mod yet? I would love to hop on line and frag some folks if there are...plz supply ip if anyone knows of any.

thanks